Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2001, 07:31 PM   #11
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Well, I guess I am probably the only one here still in junior high, except maybe Grand Ranger, and I am going into 8th grade.

I am pretty much looking forwrd to school, I think it will be a fun year, but busy of course, with applying for high school. I however am NOT looking forward to getting up at 7. seeing as I wole up today at 11.

You have to "apply" for high school? Are you in the U.S? When I went to high school, I didn't have much of a choice. I certainly didn't need to apply. Are they doing things differently now?

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-21-2001, 07:35 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
28 degrees Celsius = 83 degrees Fahrenheit...you're KIDDING!!!

Wow, that's a cool spell in Texas in the Summer. We topped out today at 101 degrees (about 38 Celsius).

Now how does that work? 32%C is 92%F doesn't it? (according to the car thermometer I saw recently.)

FATHER BRONZE! Good to see you back mate! Hope you're doing well.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-21-2001, 11:23 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Now how does that work? 32%C is 92%F doesn't it? (according to the car thermometer I saw recently.)

All I know is 37 C = normal body temperature = 98.6 F so 38 C would be 100.4 F (getting close to 101). For every five degrees of celsius increase, fahrenheit increases by nine degrees.

32 C would be... just under 90 F.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 05:19 AM   #14
Donut
Jack Burton

d
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

FATHER BRONZE! Good to see you back mate! Hope you're doing well.

To convert celsius to farenheit divide by 5 multiply by nine and add 32.

Now why is it that if it's hot I can relate to Farenheit but at low temperatures I relate it to centigrade. So I know that 0 degrees centigrade is bloody cold but 38 degrees centigrade doesn't convey the temperature as would 100 farenheit.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 08-22-2001, 05:53 AM   #15
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

to all you highschool youngsters out there, enjoy it while it last.. i just started my 1st Year of College this year and i already miss High school...

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 08-22-2001, 10:58 AM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hehehe... *grins* Welcome to hell... I am in it for months already....

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-22-2001, 12:40 PM   #17
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

I going to grd 8 too lioness.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!

Old 08-22-2001, 12:53 PM   #18
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

You have to "apply" for high school? Are you in the U.S? When I went to high school, I didn't have much of a choice. I certainly didn't need to apply. Are they doing things differently now?

Possibly if it's a private high school, I would think...other than that, at least here in Texas, you generally go to wherever you're zoned to attend.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 01:56 PM   #19
Piller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I have been out of High school for about 1 year. I have finished my first year of collage and it was F*@king easy. It is sort of an Engineering/drafting/building design course. I have many ideas on what to do with my life, but can not decide on one. Engineering looks cool, but piloting in the Air Force looks cool as well. So does architecture. If I join the military I could have them pay me to get my engineering degree and then have the chance to learn to fly. I am leaning towards that. Right now I am on my Co-op work term form my College course. Anyway all of you in high school are lucky, you have to worry about anything. But just wait till you are in the real world. Then you can start worrying.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:01 PM   #20
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Piller:
Anyway all of you in high school are lucky, you have to worry about anything. But just wait till you are in the real world. Then you can start worrying.
Ahem, with everyone constantly asking what i'm going to do when I finish highschool, I have *plenty* to worry about as it is. College is going to be even worse. *Sigh*

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.

[This message has been edited by Redblueflare (edited 08-22-2001).]