Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2001, 10:56 AM   #21
JJ/newbie

good point about the spoilers, cloudsylph, the reverse order would definitely require alot of up,down,back and forth

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 04-01-2001, 11:12 AM   #22
Epona
Zartan

OK, I asked for someone to change my mind, and I that has happened.
My concerns about the message thing have been allayed by the helpful explanations of what it does & is used for. Everyone who mentioned ICQ, e-mail whathaveyou, you are absolutely right.

Looks like my other main concern (reverse order of posts) can also be easily fixed, so thumbs down changes to thumbs up!

See, I'm not stuck in my ways, oh no!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 04-01-2001, 11:59 AM   #23
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Z, does have a lot of bells and whistles. Black Isle Studios recently upgraded to V6. It has some amazing features.

I prefer our existing color scheme though. More consistent with the main Ironworks website.

OH yeah! That thats the default color scheme. We'll use our for sure.
The 'Stars' mod isn't in the same way in 6, it's like a 'rate this user' type thing... dunno if I like that yet.. ??

Ziroc

Old 04-01-2001, 12:04 PM   #24
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Also I think personal messages could generate cliques with private conversations overtaking general spamming!

Rating each other seems to me to be a bit of a popularity contest - don't like this feature. Also prefer to have the first post at the top of page 1 with subsequent posts underneath.
All of those are (FINALLY) options you can turn on or off. I agree, that rank thing is dumb, I'd just replace it with my stars mod, and that posting order can be switched easily too. LOTS of stuff those huh!?

Ziroc

Old 04-01-2001, 12:09 PM   #25
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Smegger:
Nice, Don't like the color scheme at all though.
Noticed that the first post on a page isn't from the person that made the page...
Very worried about the whole private stuff, People might just talk to the ones the know and like with it. It happens here but everyone can still read it, don't denie that it will happen because it will.

Hehe, yeah, me either, WAY to 'vanalla'.

Old 04-01-2001, 12:13 PM   #26
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Ok, I held off on my opinion initially because I was curious as to how people would see it.

I'm picking up a lot of negative feedback about the color scheme. Don't worry about that, colors can easily be changed and customized. It would be a bit of a change moving from brown to white, just as it was a change moving from blue to brown, right?

No no no.. remember I said it was a 'fresh install' meaning no chaning around anything. what you see is what THIS forum looked like when it was first installed. (yech) , yep, all the colors and stuff will look like this forum, down to the ironworks logos.

I guess they leave it 'bland' because they know others will change it, and rightfully so--UGLY!

Ziroc

Old 04-01-2001, 12:21 PM   #27
Moiraine
Anubis

I am just passing by to say that, alas, I won't find enough time to test the new Board sufficiently to get a valuable opinion, but I am very interested by all you say about it and will lurk in this thread for sure.

------------------
Old 04-01-2001, 12:52 PM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ/newbie:
good point about the spoilers, cloudsylph, the reverse order would definitely require alot of up,down,back and forth
Hey JJ- seems that Memnoch says it's reversible so maybe that won't be a problem?

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-01-2001, 12:54 PM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
All of those are (FINALLY) options you can turn on or off. I agree, that rank thing is dumb, I'd just replace it with my stars mod, and that posting order can be switched easily too. LOTS of stuff those huh!?

Ziroc

YES! If you can do all that, the WHOOPIE, gimmee upgrade, Webmaster, gimmee upgrade!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-01-2001, 01:23 PM   #30
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Ziroc, once again, thank you very much for your tireless effort to improve the board.

But, things I do not like:
1. the rating system
2. the inverse order of the posts
3. the new autoformating features are cool, but why can I only use them at the very end ? whenever I go back to insert a new paragraph or smiley, the autofeatures will stubbornly force me back to the very end of the post.
4. The current software allows to load the editing window with posts posted by others. That is a great educational tool, because that way you could just check how others had done a formatting, smiley, etc you wanted to use yourself. The new software won't allow that.

How does the private messaging system work ? Where do they show up on the addressee's end ? Do you need to have special software installed ? Forgive me, I completely ingnorant with respect to these things.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts