Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-25-2001, 11:37 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

monsters are bigger, faster, stronger and cheaper. this reminds me of the old school 1D flying-shooting game back in the 80s. in the beginning, the game was like controling a air-fighter in Nitendo, player has to fly numerous identical missions. the job was simple: blow up everything. it was great fun then, and challenging as well. after several years, people got more skills, the japanese game publishers began to issue better machines. with the new power, new version of flying-shooting game came out. and the graphic was fascinating, because just look at the full-scale-on-slaught-air-lazer-beam-explosion-nuclear-missle-bullet-bomb makes me want to puke and faint... stars

now fortunately, or unfortunately, history is replaying itself on Baldur's Gate. just two years ago, as if it were still yesterday, we loaded our first AD&D game. we made our characters, we were like: "wow! i got 18 HP in the beginning!" or "HAH! critical hit 14!!! DIE DIE DIE!!!" and we were busy battling hords of "scary" goblins and hobgoblins. even though the combat looked like slow motion, I mean, my fighter couldnt even kill a sleeping dwarf in one hit, but we did feel like true heros. just couple years later after the success of Baldur's Gate, Bioware began to issue newer and better versions of the series. the new BGII is the one that is in your hand currently, or your CD drive, or your desktop, or your backbag, or your trash can? anyway, the monsters we killed came back with bigger, faster, scarier, cheaper and uglier feats. yes, they were designed to kill, to be dominators, and to be terminators. deadly leathal weapons such as time stop, machine-gun-like contigencies and nuclear powered golems crushed, tortured, destroyed, murdered and bombed any player with pride as well as sadistic pleasure. so what the players do in turn, they got shield of baldriun, celestial fury, claock of mirroring, saint kensai dual to genious mage, and when they actually play the game, their bodies generate power hungry aura that keeps them searching every corner of the dungeon, exploiting every little bug, justifying every innocent-killing. they wanted their character to be godlike, wait not godlike, the gods should worship his character. his character can move at speed of light, lift a truck, breath fire, use machine gun with one hand while playing computer game with the other, also can kill with one stare, immune to everything as well as violating every physical rules. yes, the god, THE god, you all should worship him kneel before him, weeping for his grace and tremble in fear when he yawns, and be gratful for he didnt fart...

aye, the power of human mind!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-25-2001).]
Old 03-25-2001, 12:18 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

It is just part of the lust for power......

For those who have IWD and HOW, there are two amazing LARGE dead dragons in the game.....imagine they are alive and you have to fight them.....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-25-2001, 12:19 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
It is just part of the lust for power......

For those who have IWD and HOW, there are two amazing LARGE dead dragons in the game.....imagine they are alive and you have to fight them.....

I KNOW!!! they can crash you with one nail!!!

Old 03-25-2001, 12:21 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Now imagine you turn them into chickens!! (Sorry, still can't get over the chicken drama)

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-25-2001, 12:22 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Now imagine you turn them into chickens!!
that would be a big fat fuzzy one!

Old 03-25-2001, 12:23 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm. That IWD dragon skeleton was pretty damn big wasn't it. If that was an ancient dragon, some of the BG2 ones must be younglings then.

Good post, 250. One thing I will add though is that the dragons should've been harder to beat in BG2. A 12th-level party shouldn't be able to just walk in and beat an ancient red.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-25-2001, 12:23 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I think they call it turkeys.....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-25-2001, 12:25 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
I think they call it turkeys.....

LOL

and memmoch, you are right about the ancient, but you should add "skinny puny bony tiny" before it.

a level 7 bounty hunter can beat it with one full day rest!! that is how pathetic it is!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-25-2001).]
Old 03-25-2001, 12:28 PM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Aah well, we are in a fantasy realm here kids. One must feel important before going to bed.

(Man I beat an Ancient Red today!!)

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!