Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-04-2001, 07:12 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Sword of twisted equalizer

Description:
This sword was also known as Ganlite's Curse. It consistes of two pieces. The hilt was one that of the original equalizer, however, its blade was tainted by a bloody redness.
It was recorded that, the original equalizer was forged for the service of Helm. The purpose of the blade was to eliminate the extremeties that cuased the inbalance and suffers. However, only the wisest sage had heard tales about this sword, the twsited equalizer. The knowledge of it was forbidden and was only mentioned in the darkest lore, for that it was a curse even the God of nutrility himself cannot undone.
The forger of equalizer was unknown (maybe not... but you know) however the first that intended to forge this item was, Ganlite Deepkeeper, a talented dwarven blacksmith who was among the first group of settlers in the hostile land of far east.
It was said Helm visited in his dream demanding to forge an incredible powerful sword that could be used it to strike down the extremities. Feeling honored to have Helm's attention, Ganlite worked with full fury that almost seem like maddness. He locked himself in his secret forge for seven days and seven nights to create the blade of equalizer. (tho he could use CLUAConsole to make thins easier...)
It was commonly believed that when he eventually came out, to his disbelief, he discovered his wife and children were slaughtered by some raiding monsters that invaded his village during his absence. The loss was so great to bear, Ganlite lost his sanity. The next night, he went into the mountain on a vengence campaign with his newly crafted blade. He brutally killed every monster that he came cross, and upon each kill, he cried out a curse on the, the God of nuetrility, for causing his tragedy. The blood curse then tainted the newly forged blade, which was used later to build the twisted equalizer.
No one knew of his fate and what had became of him. He was never seen again.

Stats: (cursed)
wielder suffers -2 wis and -2 int when wearing
Always considered +3 when determining what it can hit. however, it can hit ANY creature that is true nuetral, that means, even if the creature has spell such as absolute immunity on.
THAC0 & Damage:
vs True Neutral: +5 to hit, +7 damage
vs Neutral Good, Neutral Evil: +3 to hit, +6 damage
vs Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Neutral: +1 to hit, +2 damage
vs other alignments: +2 to hit, +4 damage

Special: the curse layed on this sword was so great, that it commands its wielder to do its biding. After each kill against a creature of certain aligment, the wielder loses 1 str, 1 dex and 1 cons, unless he kills another creature of the oppsite aligment. (example, if an evil creature is killed, a good creature must die as well, tho it doesnt matter if it is neutral or chaotic)

the sword gain incredible bonus against creatures that with neutral aligment. Once entering the battle, the wielder will go berserk (+3 str, +3 dex, +3 con, +3 saving throw, +3 movement, one extra attack, +30% resistence to any damage and + 15 HP, but player lose control of it. the character will start attacking targets of netural aligment) untill all the nuetral opponents are slain.

Each hit inflicted by this sword will have 15% randomly cause pain, blindness, deaf and silence to the ANY target. If the target is true neutral, it must make a saving throw at +3 bonus or be slain instantly.

After the berserk, the wearer will be fatigued (-2 str, -2 dex, -2 cons, and lose 15 HP)

note: the wielder MUST do the sword's biding, in additional to stats penalty, he also suffers luck penalty at -1 per day. The penalties will be cured once the deed is done.
Also, the player has no control of the berserk. The character only goes into berserk when a neutral aligment enemy is at presence.

Not usable by:
Any neutral aligment
Thief
Mage
Cleric
Druid
Bard
Old 03-04-2001, 11:23 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

An interesting piece of hardware you've got.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 11:36 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
An interesting piece of hardware you've got.

thanks
Old 03-04-2001, 11:46 AM   #4
Hesperex

Hmmm most interesting, I like it, what inventory Icon are u useing for it?

------------------

Old 03-04-2001, 11:52 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
Hmmm most interesting, I like it, what inventory Icon are u useing for it?

what is inventory icon? I am sorry
Old 03-04-2001, 11:53 AM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I believe that's how the item will look when it is in your inventory screen.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 11:57 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
I believe that's how the item will look when it is in your inventory screen.

ohh... it is not an actual item, not yet... who here can make items?

Old 03-04-2001, 12:01 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Still an excellent concept for a druid/harper slayer ...

P.S. I would do it if I am more skill with item editing (and reinstalling BG2), although I foresee the "berserk when see neutral" and the setting for before/after berserk to be problematic.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 12:03 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Still an excellent concept for a druid/harper slayer ...

P.S. I would do it if I am more skill with item editing (and reinstalling BG2), although I foresee the "berserk when see neutral" and the setting for before/after berserk to be problematic.

most thanks

well... i guess it is possible to do aligment check? but how do you order the character to target "nuetral" only?

Old 03-04-2001, 12:03 PM   #10
Hesperex

I make a lot of Weapons and armour, I may be able to make it. Pretty complex though. I may give it a go if you want.

------------------