Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-27-2002, 12:02 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

This in from earlier:

SALLISAW, Oklahoma (CNN) -- At least two people are dead and as many as six others injured after an 18-year-old man went on a shooting rampage in eastern Oklahoma after arguing with his neighbors Saturday, authorities said.

Kym Koch, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said the shooting started in Sallisaw around 4:30 p.m. (5:30 p.m. EDT) when the high school student shot and killed a female neighbor, wounded that neighbor's husband and wounded another neighbor.

She said the student has been in an argument with neighbors after they complained he was driving erratically in the neighborhood.

"He was obviously angry with his neighbors and exchanged words with them," Kock said.

The suspect then went to a car dealership in Sallisaw and shot a salesman and a customer. One of those victims died, Koch said.

Then, traveling east on Route 64, the gunman shot randomly at cars and hit two people shopping at a roadside stand, injuring both of them.

Koch said the suspect continued on and shot one person in Muldrow, Oklahoma, about 10 miles east of Sallisaw, and shot at -- but missed -- a Muldrow police officer.

Another few miles eastward, near Roland, Oklahoma, the gunman wrecked his car at a police roadblock and was taken into custody.

Koch said the suspect was taken to jail in Sallisaw.

"We're processing his vehicle and talking to the various victims if they are able to talk at this point," Koch said.

Sallisaw is about 30 miles from the state's border with Arkansas, and about 180 miles east of Oklahoma City.

Where will it all end??

Not to mention, Sallisaw is where SSJ4_Sephiroth, one of our members, lives. I hope he's ok! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

Utter tragedy. What a waste.

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-27-2002, 12:09 AM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Question Mark

... . .. .... I live in Oklahoma.Well atleast it was far away from my town.I'm miles away from Oklahoma City.(You said Salisaw was 180 miles away from OK City)
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 10-27-2002, 12:10 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Good! I'm glad you and your family are out of danger, SomeGuy. It could happen anywhere nowadays, though.

-Saz

Old 10-27-2002, 12:14 AM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Sad to know that there are people out there that are willing to kill people because they are angry about something

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-27-2002, 12:20 AM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Well just so you know, I'm okay. I know who did it though, and I think I actually hang out with the person at school. I'm not sure it's him though, but I'll know for sure if he's not at school Monday... a tragedy indeed. My brother was actually friends with the person for a long time in grade school, and he said that he took medication that made him hear voices and generally screwed with his head.

Btw everyone, sorry about not being around for so long. Real life kicked in and I had to start doing things... naturally, the first to go was the fun stuff. Anyways if anyone asks I'll tell what I've been up to in a separate thread, but I won't do it if nobody wants to know.
Old 10-27-2002, 12:22 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Seph! I'm glad to see you! Thank goodness you and your folks are ok.

That is truly sad, too, knowing who the person is. I suppose in a way he couldn't help himself if his mind was going whacky.

-Sazerac

P.S. Yes, please let us know what's up with you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-27-2002, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

Old 10-27-2002, 12:23 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yet another 'head shaker' as I call them. Its so sad to see things like this happen.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-27-2002, 12:28 AM   #8
SomeGuy
Unicorn

And here I thought I was the only Okie.

[ 10-27-2002, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 10-27-2002, 12:28 AM   #9
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
Well just so you know, I'm okay. I know who did it though, and I think I actually hang out with the person at school. I'm not sure it's him though, but I'll know for sure if he's not at school Monday...
Don't wait until then bro! If you know something contact a parent or teacher. Don't wait.

*\Conan/*
Old 10-27-2002, 01:00 AM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
Well just so you know, I'm okay. I know who did it though, and I think I actually hang out with the person at school. I'm not sure it's him though, but I'll know for sure if he's not at school Monday...
Don't wait until then bro! If you know something contact a parent or teacher. Don't wait.

*\Conan/*
[/QUOTE]I hardly had an interpersonal relationship with him, I just started hanging with him a week ago. Plus I'm not even sure it's the guy, not positive it's his name, but when I heard his name I looked it up in the yearbook, he looks very similar... I sure hope it's not him though. But if it is, at least I don't take much influence from some of my friends.