Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2001, 08:03 AM   #1
Bhaal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Help! Got busted by Phaere(?) and had to kill her because I was too slow to go and see her the third time. She alerted the city and I have had to kill everyone I came across. I have the Dragons Eggs and have completed all quests but the Matron Mother has locked the gates and I can't get out. I've searched everywhere and can't find anyone except the thing in the tank which is 'sleeping' and the slaves in the cages who won't talk to me. Please someone tell me I don't have to start again... My last save is now beyond the point of rectifying this situation I have got into...... Help!
Old 07-18-2001, 08:24 AM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

There must still be a Drow alive there somewhere. Once you kill ALL of them, the gates will open.

Did you check *all* of the buildings in Ust Natha? Including the "mage" tower and the Inn?

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 07-18-2001, 09:38 AM   #3
Bhaal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Throntar, have just checked everywhere and have found a door in the inn that I can't open, it's just to the left of the exit (between stairs up and main exit) usual message hasn't got conventional lock maybe warded, I havn't even go a spell to try because I can't rest (Must rest outside city or find an inn, I've killed the Drow inn keeper!!). Also found I can't get back in House Jae'llat the ward stone must disapear once used? Pretty sure I killed everyone in there though, must be the room in the inn... Any ideas how to open the door?
Old 07-18-2001, 10:02 AM   #4
Altranan
Dungeon Master

I know this is no help, but I too couldn't open that door, does it have a relevance?
Old 07-18-2001, 10:40 AM   #5
Bhaal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmm? I'm guessing that is where the last Drow's are to kill. Be a shame to have to start again, but at least I can side with the Shadow Theives instead of Bhodi. But who knows someone may be able to help me.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:37 PM   #6
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

i Know that killing the matron mother is the Key to opening the gates to the city-- she should be in the Temple area-- try looking into all the rooms in the temple if possible.

[This message has been edited by Jeannada (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 09:56 PM   #7
Bhaal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Still having absolutly no luck. Check the whole temple for the Matron Mother (That's who I thought I'd have to kill as well, thanks Jeannada.). The Egg Room is empty and I have the real eggs. The other room which is locked on inital entry and says 'only the power of the Matron Mother can open this', or something like that, is also empty apart from a flaming hole in the middle. The only other room is one with a 'blood' pool at the top of some steps, nobody there... Really appreciating all the help guys.
Old 07-18-2001, 10:25 PM   #8
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

I'm not sure but the locked doors in the inn should be the fighting pits, if so there should be no-one inside. I'm guessing you overwrote your autosave when you went into the inn... tricky situation have you done mr.pirate/lich quest if not you may need his runestone to get to someparts of the city where there may or may not be more drow. To be honest I don't know Bhaal I once had Jaheira's friends attack me whenever I left the underdark causing the elves to go hostile... I feel your pain!
Old 07-20-2001, 03:05 AM   #9
Bhaal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Guess I have to mention the word bug here. Looks like thats what I have encountered (The most devastating enemy in gaming!!) as there is no sign of the Matron Mother. Cheers for your help Ace, yes I have done the Lich quest, killed him and cleaned out his place , got the wardstone and then cleaned out House Jae'llat. Any ideas left?