Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 11:12 AM   #161
TAOWolf
White Dragon

She whispers softly, "Lliath Madadh-allaidh, yes that is my name.......It's been long since someone called me that....."

"Yes......I suppose cruel is the word to use, although it goes far beyond cruel.....", whispering she smiles sadly at Ullalume. She smiles sadly at Iphigenia as she gently runs her ungloved hand thru Ajax's fur. Smiling at Aesop and Ajax, she gently moves his head as she stands up, eyes glowing an intense silver, matching the glow of the moonstone set in the middle of the platinum bracer around her neck.....

Looking up into the night, she lifts her arms as she whispers, "Before I speak of what has become of me, I must first show you part of why it came to be..............."

The wind swirls around her body, cloaking her from sight as the runes carved into her body blaze with blue flames..........as the flames dies down a silver wolf with amber eyes stares around at each of them, silver light flaring in the depths of those eyes, then lays down putting her muzzle on her front paws.............

[ 07-11-2002, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]
Old 07-11-2002, 11:22 AM   #162
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>> Wow! Lady G. and company sure made good time from the castle. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Addison stands up and sighs heavily.

"I do hate to interrupt your little session of intimidating brutality, but I thought I had told you that I was searching the cave even as we speak.

IF there are any more "ambushes" awaiting us, I should be able to spot them easily. Even if I don't, how much of a threat has Greentunic and his band presented to us so far? You and your squire came through the first attack with very minor injuries only, as did the rest of us as we approached the castle. And the lady druid felled by Sanael never even had a chance to begin her attack.

I feel certain that, should any more "surprises" occur, we will be quite capable of handling them.

Also, rather than shaking our new friend about like a rag doll, you could simply ask Kishin or myself to probe his mind on our own. He may lie to you, but he would not be able to hide the truth from us.

Now, if you and Lady Galadria can wait a few moments, my search of the cavern should soon be complete."

Addison then turns back to the "hidden entrance" and concentrates again on the magical eye floating through the dragon's lair."
Old 07-11-2002, 01:45 PM   #163
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>> They came through a portal. IC>
SIR BLANDAMOUR (Releases Greentunic) "Very well, druid, I shall rely on my comrades to detect any danger. As to your friend" (indicates Celia) "you had better see to her wounds."

(OOC>> No ambushes or guards are detected in the tunnel)
Old 07-11-2002, 02:17 PM   #164
Cerek the Barbaric

OOC>> Alrighty, then. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Addison attempts to locate the princess through the Wizard Eye. I also want to get an idea of the "lay-out" of the cavern.

Once the princess is located, he will use ESP on Greentunic to make sure there are no "hidden" surprises that eluded his searching eye.

Then I suppose it will be time to kill a dragon

OOC>> Are going in the front door, or are we going to try to sneak through this "hidden" entrance?
Old 07-11-2002, 06:02 PM   #165
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

ooc>>There is nothing hostile in the cavern except the dragon. The magic eye will find a twisting tunnel which is narrow at first, but widens after about 100 meters. The dragon is in a large chamber just off the main entrance, and the princess is chained to the wall just near his head. She is naked, and has wounds.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:09 PM   #166
mistral4543

OOC>>> This is getting interesting [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Remember our fight with the black dragon over at OEW, Larry? It was over in less than 2 minutes [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

IC>>>
Legolas, Isaura and Sorsha advance towards the group a little more, noting Addison's facial expression as he commands his wizard eye to uncover any treacherous spots lying ahead of them. Sorsha chews her lips subconsciously while Isaura's face is slightly pale. Would too many cooks spoil the broth? She wonders... would they all be roasted in a fireball of breath from the dragon? To die in battle was surely something honourable. Yet to die without even so much as a chance to retaliate was something she could not bear.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:27 PM   #167
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Raymond

He slept peacefully and deeply. All outside noise were lost as he fell deeper into slumber. Dreams began and were vivid. He saw many of his friends there, all in a shady meadow, that flourished along-side a laughing brook that wound its way from the great white-tipped mountains. Everything was as it should be, and Raymond clinged to this hope that it was true, indeed.

OOC>>>er...I dunno...I thought maybe you were waiting on me to do something, and only Spree and Mistral have the talent of vivd dreams...
Old 07-11-2002, 10:46 PM   #168
Cerek the Barbaric

OOC>> We haven't entered the lair yet, to my knowledge Mistral. But we will very soon.

Addison turns to Blandamour again and explains that there are no traps or hidden ambushes inside. He also explains the layout and the position of the dragon and princess from the front entrance.

Looking to Sorsha, Addison smiles and says...

"There is no need to worry about being burned by the dragon's flame." A look of hope crosses her face. "No, there is no need to worry about his flame. Black dragons breathe acid, not fire." Addison can't help but chuckle to himself as the color drains from Sorsha's face.

"Forgive me, Sorsha. Your fearful thoughts about the dragon's flame practically leaped out at me and I couldn't resist having a bit of fun with you. There really is no need to fear. I have a spell that will protect us completely from the dragon's breath. We will still have to be wary of it's teeth and claws, but it's most potent weapon will be rendered useless."

He then turns back to Blandamour.

"If you agree, I suggest a two-pronged attack. You, and the Ladies Galadria and Elize could take Greentunic and his druids through the front entrance to confront the dragon and try to parlay with it. The fact that the princess still lives suggests that the dragon may be willing to negotiate her release peacefully.

Either way, I will enter through the hidden entrance here. The tunnel is small at first, but soon opens up enough to allow easy passage. I believe Legolas, Sorsha, and Isaura are also interested in entering this way.

I will cast a spell to make the 4 of us invisible before we enter the main cavern. I will then go directly towards the princess to protect her with my spell as well. I will try to free her while you and Galadria attempt to either talk or fight with the dragon. Once the princess is safe, I will aid in the battle, if it occurs.

Sanael, you may either accompany me or Blandamour. If you choose to come with me, I can expand my protective spell to ward you also.

What say you, Blandamour? How do you wish to proceed?"
Old 07-12-2002, 09:09 AM   #169
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

GREENTUNIC (to Addison) "Are you mad? I am not going into that den ever again. Ever hs he betrayed me before. I am certain that he shall kill all of you, and if he thinks that I took part, he will destroy my village and people. I have led you here, I will do no more." (flees)

SIR BLANDAMOUR(to Addison) "I think your plan a good one, mage. As I see it, it is my duty to confront this dragon, if for nothing else, I have questions for him. I do not fear him, for I bested him once, long ago. You go in here, and Lady Galadria and my esquire will accompany me. Remember, our first duty is to rescue the Princess. Rescue her, see her safe, and then prepare to back me up, should it come to blows,"

[ 07-12-2002, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 07-12-2002, 10:22 AM   #170
mistral4543

Sorsha

No sooner had she recovered from Addison's gentle teasing did she hear those dreadful words. ~ I believe Legolas, Sorsha, and Isaura are also interested in entering this way. ~ Well, his beliefs were a little erroneous... at least on her part. But she would not back out now. To have lived so long hitherto must surely be a sign that things would turn out well... somehow.

She reached for the mace hanging by her side and let her fingers grasp it tightly, feeling her heartbeat quickening with each minute.
Closed Thread