Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 01:39 AM   #101
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Kellen

The Steeplewood Forest

“Definitely not club-footed,” one of the sprites says.

“Yes, definitely not. Not a dwarf either,” adds another.

“Could never be a dwarf with a laugh like that,” the third replies, “Dwarves are all bearded ale swilling grimness .... and monster bashing .... and heavy hammers .... and chopping axes and ... and... and ... O! I’m just glad he’s not a dwarf!”

“Not that we thought he was to begin with.”

“No. of course not. But the look on his face when we said that. Why now that is a story for the younglings tonight!”

One of the sprites begins to contort his face hoping to imitate the strange elf’s expression.

“No, not yet. The eyes need to be bigger.”

“And the mouth, you haven’t got the mouth right.”

“Wait! That’s it!” Turning to Kellen, a sprite in garments of various shades of red points to his yellow clad companion. “Do you see that? That’s what you looked like when Sylvus here,” he points to another sprite, this one clothed in varied russets and orange, “said you might be the son of a dwarf.” He looks once more at the contorted features of his companion. “Yes, definitely like that. Except you’re quite a bit taller.”

As one, the three sprites turn their attention to this elf called Kellen who dances to a singing blade. The bold and red-clad sprite steps forward and then stirs his wings that he might hover to the level of the elf’s eyes. “I am Jasper.” Pointing to the one whose face had so recently mimicked Kellen’s he says, “And this one of such talented facial expressiveness is Belshon. Sylvus is the one with the sharp tongue.”

“Speaking of dwarves!” Sylvus shouts in his high voice.

“Be careful, I just don’t have the energy to imitate any more facial expressions just yet. Elves are so difficult to get right.”

“No. No, you don’t understand,” Sylvus corrects Belshon. “Do you remember those unpleasant adventurers who were so much fun.”

“Yes! Yes, of course.”

“Well, then, do you remember how we saw to it that they left the Gloomwood without all of those heavy bottles of wine and ale to carry with them?”

“Why yes, I do. The smell of so much drink had me flying in spirals for a week.”

“Do you think our friend here would enjoy a drink?”

“An excellent idea, Sylvus! Go and bring something for him. Belshon, go with Sylvus and bring our guest something else.”

ooc: Sylvus and Belshom will be back quickly, the one bearing a very old and very good bottle of wine from the southern regions and the other a mithril stoppered bottle of dwarvish spirits.
Old 07-02-2002, 05:56 AM   #102
Legolas
Jack Burton

Julano

The adventurers had left, and he doubted they would ever return again. For days he had raged, running through the forest throwing his spells at every tree in his path. When his minions came to speak to him he had ignored them, or blasted them too. The power they held would have been such an asset to him, but they had been too careful. He had failed to find an opening. It tore at him for weeks.
Eventually, finally, he moved on to other things. He had picked up his old life again. The passing of the adventurers had left the Witchy Wood with a relatively high number of deaths and disappearances. People wanted to know how and why. Naturally Julano didn't want to tell everyone their skins were hanging in his closet, so he lied. They believed him, he was the mayor's son. And a convincing actor too, or so he thought.
Aside from taking up his life in the village, he also rebuilt his legion of vampires. After the death of his 'ally' more beings had found their way to him. He put them to good use as he had his own lair made on the ground he himself had raized in his anger.
Julano had had just about enough of adventurers, and although he was not yet ready to go out into the world at the head of his army and slay every 'hero' in person, he was amassing his forces and already striking out at travellers entering too far into his forest. Noone in the village suspected a thing, yet, but suspicion grew in the settlements surrounding the woods.

OOC: Julano is quite the distance away from the other characters, so I doubt they'll hear of the monster-infected woods anytime soon. Just setting the scene back there for some unfinished buisness from the original HT thread
Tomorrow I'll be leaving for a three week holiday to England; don't expect any more posts from me while I'm gone [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2002, 08:37 AM   #103
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>> Point taken, Legolas. Have a good time. IC>
SIR BLANDAMOUR (To Sanael, aside) "I still do not trust these Druids. Follow them at a distance, will you? Send for me at the first sign of trouble."

DOLMAN (To Addison and Isaura)*Skips for joy. Though worried about his sister, you cannot help but note his carefree and basically cheerful demeanor* "That is right kindly of you, milord and lady. Come along then." (They follow him to the druid village, about two hours march away. You may note wolves at various stages, but they do not attack. As you enter the stockade, you are closely scrutinized by the guard, who wears a scaly tight tunic, and carries a spear. Noting that you are with Dolman, who passes a secret sign, he lets you go through. He leads you to the largest central house, where a wolf guards the door. Entering, a large, dirty man swings from brooding at the bed, where lies a green-haired girl who moans intermittantly.)

GREENTUNIC "Dolman, what is this? Who are these people?"

DOLMAN (goes down on one knee) "Father, these are well-meaning strangers whom I brought to help Diana. Please listen to them."

GREENTUNIC (turns to Isaura and Addison.) "Well, what is it? How can you help my daughter?"

[ 07-02-2002, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 07-02-2002, 09:44 AM   #104
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA (to Addison, before they left) "Have a care of those druids, comrade. It is true what you hint, that I hate them. I have fought them often, and have reasons for my feelings that you may not know of. They prate eternally of their damned balance, which to my way of thinking is pure foolishness, an equal amount of chaos and evil for every ounce of good or law. I will have none of it. Know, that they are treacherous and if they decide that their precious Balance requires your corpse on their compost heap, they will takd care to put it there."
Old 07-02-2002, 12:09 PM   #105
Ar-Cunin
Ra

Sanael Ganahr

follows behind Galadria, Isaura and Dolman - shadowing the little group. As they reach the village, he takes up the same position as the night before and watches the proceedings.

[ 07-02-2002, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Ar-Cunin ]
Old 07-02-2002, 01:29 PM   #106
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

KINN'ZUWANNIK(To Zzzbrp, the quickling) "I haven't heard any news lately. My little druid keeps his cabin. Go to the druid village and find out what is going on."
Old 07-02-2002, 01:44 PM   #107
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(to Greentunic)"Your daughter has been wounded by a very powerful and unique weapon. And the one who wields that weapon is the only one capable of reversing the damage done by it.

Sir Blandamour of the Order of the Radiant Heart is the owner of that blade, and he has agreed to come to your daughter's aid and heal her wounds upon your promise of safe passage for him and any who accompany him.

Without his aid, your spells will only delay the inevitable. However, Sir Blandamour could be here and restore your daughter to health before the sun sets this evening.

The choice is yours."
Old 07-03-2002, 03:07 PM   #108
TAOWolf
White Dragon

Wiping one silver tear from her cheek, she unbinds her hair, letting the breeze softly blow it across her face. She slowly removes her gloves one by one, tucking them into her belt....

She looks up and closes her eyes, lifting her arms above her head.....

The runes carved into her body start to glow a faint silver as she hums an ancient song softly, as she slowly opens her eyes, looking at each druidess in turn, then finishing her song as her eyes land upon Raymond....

She smiles softly and lowers her arms, laying them in her lap....

"I have missed journeying to these places the last hundred years.....My soul has yearned for this peaceful stillness...." she whispers as she smiles fondly at Raymond, then stands picking up her cup of wine, and sipping softly as she watches the two wolves......

OOC: Will post again Monday. My fiance's parents are in town starting tomorrow, and I really enjoy visiting with them...have a happy 4th of July , ya'll and see ya Monday *cyril, feel free to post for me, you know my character better than anyone *LOL*

[ 07-03-2002, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]
Old 07-03-2002, 06:14 PM   #109
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>> Sorry to be late with this, it's been hell getting on the forum. IC>>
GREENTUNIC (His face is unchanging, and seems made of wood; to Addison) "You mean the filthy paladin that did this to her would come and heal this? How do I know that he would not just finish the job?"

DIANA (She moans and tosses feverishly. The covers become disarranged, and you notice a huge green leaf bound to her side. Bloody drainage has seeped onto the covers. Strangely enough, she seems surrounded by a faint blue glow.)

[ 07-03-2002, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 07-03-2002, 08:05 PM   #110
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> I know what you mean, Attalus But real life has kept me busy as a form of compensation [img]tongue.gif[/img]

IC>>>
Isaura

She eyes the perspiration-soaked druid dubiously, hoping that her own breathing does not betray her nervousness ~ "Wh..what's that?" ~ Whispering in a tone that addresses no one in particular, she stares in fascination at the blue glow ~ "This surely spells magic. What has happened?" ~ Inching her way towards the figure cautiously.
Closed Thread