Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 12:57 PM   #1
Priam Agrivar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Guys, me again.

Gone to Marokk with the gargoyle skull and some magic leather armour and he is having none of it (His recipe says i need this).

Erm, someone help!
Priam Agrivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 01:35 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Is that the first chapter guy?

IF so, put the items into the forge by clicking on the forge and then moving the items into it. The same way you would put items into a chest, box, or whatever. Then go talk to they guy.

My friend was trying to drag the items from his inventory and just drop them on the forge, but you have to open the forge and put the items inside.

[ 10-28-2002, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-28-2002, 02:07 PM   #3
Priam Agrivar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah done that,

he does not acknowledge that they are there (have done swords etc already). Am i using the right armour, the only leather magical armour i could get was off the Druid Nyatar.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:27 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Usually the "recipe" calls for an armor with a total AC of 'X'.

Let's say you need a magic armor with a total AC of 4.

This doesn't mean +1 armor with a base AC of 4. Total AC for this armor would be 5. 4 base +1=5. This armor wouldn't work.

You need magical armor whose base AC combined with it's magical bonus equals the total AC the recipe requests. So if you need a magical armor with a total AC of 4, you could use +2 AC2 armor, or +1 AC3 armor.

The total AC asked for by the recipe in the book is the combination of the magical "+" number and the base of the armor itself.

Did that make any sense? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 04:38 PM   #5
Priam Agrivar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Blinding, thank you.

However, am very naused by the whole scenario. Managed to get hold of a set of magical leather and took that to the midget with the hammer.

Now i know its not real, its a game.............but...

How the hell does he turn some leather armour and a skull into a set of plate mail. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME, heres me with a ranger looking for some kick ass leather and the little git turns it into something i cant wear

MIFFED!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:05 PM   #6
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Don't worry, later on you will get a fairly wide choice of very nice light armour. In fact, my dual-wielding ranger/fighter/rogue eventually settled for wearing the very nice Dragon Armour which is medium armour.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 08:02 PM   #7
Guenhwyvar & Catti-brie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would like to know why rangers can only wear light armor and still get the duel wield weapons feat. I think if you have the medium armour feat, you should beable to wear medium armor, and not lose the duel wield.
Guenhwyvar & Catti-brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:40 AM   #8
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Not sure why they did that either :/ I mean it's a 3rd Edition rule so I know why NWN did it, but why did the D+D designers do it?