Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-05-2002, 12:44 PM   #1
George
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I forget who the gamer is that created an itme editor for W8, but it sure would be nice if one were able to tone down monsters and their frequency of appearing.
Old 02-05-2002, 03:54 PM   #2
ObverseReaction
Dungeon Master

Unlike the programming department at Sir-Tech (or, the ex-programming department), there's only one of me. And I've got other RL things to do as well. I can say that it's on the todo list however. [img]smile.gif[/img]

O.R.
ObverseReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 04:01 PM   #3
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Well, if you're creating a to-do list, then can I put in my request for a listing to change the ACs for monsters when you are editting them? Or even just a list of what the monsters' ACs are to begin with even if you can't change them would help.

That's one thing it would -really- be nice to know. I mean, if we can tell what their various magic resistances are and what their level and XP is, why can't we know what their AC is as well? Or how much 'melting' that Armormelt spell really does to them? I'd also like to compare the relative ACs of my characters to theirs. Someone in another thread was complaining about how tough it is to kill Rock Crabs and another about Adamantium Slimes -- well, I'd like to know what their AC is, if only for curiousity's sake!

Anyway, I know that RL has to take precedence and if I actually had the know-how to figure out how to do it myself I would but I just thought I'd mention this as part of a wishlist for stuff it would be nice to see at some point. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Keep up the great work -- it's a big help to all of us Wiz8 fanatics.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:21 PM   #4
George
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks OR, that's something worth waiting for. I'm starting a new game with 5 magic users so I can teleport all over the place. Another thing, it would be nice if CYBERMAN would update his trainer for version 1.2.4 because I especially like the idea of teleporting all over the place.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:48 PM   #5
jsteng
Dungeon Master

While we are at it...

I noticed people made some MOD on Sirtech's other game JA2. Would it be possible for people to come up with a MOD for W8 as well?

ps. I sure would love a modification for W8 where monsters would spawn 10 times more frequent.. I hate killing babies only to end up as level 12~14 by the time I got to bayjin shallows.

I redo my party and is still level 10 reaching Umpani's camp!
jsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 11:02 PM   #6
ObverseReaction
Dungeon Master

The only reason the trainer functioned in the beginning is because Sir-Tech left some developer code in the game. With the last two patches they decided to remove that support because it caused too many problems with save games.

As for the mod idea, yes, that's sort of what I'm working towards. However, unlike JA2, Wiz8 is a 3d game. That means a lot more graphical work is necessary when it comes to any sort of add-on. Dunno what can be done about that.

O.R.
ObverseReaction is offline   Reply With Quote