Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-31-2003, 10:43 PM   #1
Greystone
The Magister

I am about to give this game another go (never finished it before, after several starts). I would like a list of known bugs with any workarounds for the major bugs (like broken quests), to prevent me from making a fatal blunder and screwing up completely.

Thanks!
Greystone
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 06:46 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

I think this thread covers most of them. AFAIK there are no fatal bugs in the game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 09:04 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yep - the TECH TIPS covers just about everything and if someone manages to come up with something new, it will get added!

Hope your game will go smoothly!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 12:43 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Nice to have you with us, Greystone. Keep us posted on your progress. Fortunately none of the bugs in the game result in one's total getting stuck. There is always a way around. And if you feel you get stuck, rest assured a solution will be provided by this forum.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:21 PM   #5
Shimoda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There are these bugs as well that might be added from the link below.

http://www.volberding.com/WHints/bugs.htm

I also get stuck everyonce in a while in tight corners. I have tried swapping characters and jumping but all I can do is look around I can't move. Gets frustrating but helps me as a reminder that I need to save often. I don't have the teleport spell as of yet so that may be a quick fix later.
Shimoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 02:17 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Greystone, you want something impossible [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] There are so many bugs in the game that a thick book would be needed to describe all of them instead of a phorum thread [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
See the tips given by Willow and Shimoda. Play the game as if it were TES Daggerfall: that means save, save, save,... I recommend 3-level saving, let us call the saved games "going", "done", and "quest".
1. The "going" save: Make a save here often so that you do not lose too much if you run into problems.
2. The "done" save: Make a save here after each remarkable achievment - after completing the quest, after killing a dangerous enemy, after finding a valuable item, and so on.
3. The "quest" save: Make a save here after getting a quest(s). Do not rewrite this game until you finish the quest (all the quests) and get your rteward.
This should minimize consequences of the bugs in the game.