Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 01:49 AM   #1
Mahokenshi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, all. I was just playing my way merrily along when I got to wandering... .

Does Dradeel, the werewolf-obsessed elven mage in spellhold react at all to Cernd? Or, for that matter, to a Shapeshifter PC? I've always wondered; but I can never be bothered to keep Cernd in my party long enough to test it out.

Sometimes I wish Dradeel was a JOINABLE NPC. He's got the best line in the entire series "One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for THE ENDLESS WAVE OF BAD DOGGY WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP." Or somesuch. Quoting from memory.

Speaking of lethal conflict with Cerndd, it's high time that the neutrals inspired a fight to the death Ao knows that between Anomen (LN), Jeheira (NN), and Hear'Dalis (CN), someone should have annoyed others into a battle situation by now. Especially in the hair-trigger world of the BG saga. And the fights that Ano or Harry start don't count. Jeheria seems to have several armored divisions worth of troops ready to travel halfway across the planet to kill her, I admit. You think she'd do a wee bit of reflecting after wiping out Wave XXX worth of Harpers that maybe, just maybe, insulting EVERYTHING ON TORIL might not be the best way to make your way in the world.

Ahem. Sorry. Bad Fighter/Druid day.

Anyway.

It would be cool. Dradeel could have a lethal personality conflict with Cernd. Dradeel, the Githyanki wild mage with the silver hilt, and Spectator would be such a cool party... .

[ 02-10-2007, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: Mahokenshi ]
Mahokenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:53 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

(slight spoilers)

Dradeel was in BG1 (TotSC, really) and there's a reason why he's obsessed with werewolves. It's one of the three major quests in TotSC.

Isn't there a mod that realigns Jar-Jarheria to Neutral Good, claiming that it's more in line with her actions?

I can't find Dradeel's dialog in Infinity Explorer, or else I'd tell you whether or not he recognizes Cernd. I know Imoen has some interjections if you do some early-game quests in Chapter 6, like the slavers in the Copper Coronet.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
OTG
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The full line for Dradeel is:
One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!

I've had a quick shufty through Dradeel's script and dialog files (he's PPDRA2.CRE, fact-fans) and there's nothing at all about Shapeshifter PCs or Cernd that I can find.

Further digging (and a search for the string 'doggy') has turned up
"Bad dog! Bad dog! Werewolves all! Back! Back with you!" in PPDRADEE.DLG (another Dradeel, from a different ARE) if Minsc, Cernd and Valygar are all invalid for party dialog - !IsValidForPartyDialog("MINSC"), etc - they're in the party but can't speak for some reason, eg shapeshifted. Minsc and Valygar are additional checks (there's dialog about Golodon the Unmanned in the same dialog file if Minsc, Valygar and Jan are unavailable).

[ 02-10-2007, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: OTG ]
OTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
CamDawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, Dradeel is quite excellent. He mentions Golodon the Unmanned in BG as well (it's tied to some intrigue involving "the Gibbering Twelve").

BG2 Tweaks has an option to change Jaheira to NG, as does Divine Remix.

[ 02-10-2007, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: CamDawg ]

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.
CamDawg is offline   Reply With Quote