Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-03-2004, 11:31 PM   #1
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

I went to Keldorns house to see his wife etc. i told him to talk to her and he said no, then I told him to go to the magistrate and he said he'd do it alone and meet me at the Radient Heart in 3 hours...

It's now been about 5 days and there's no sight of him. How can I get him back into the game ?

I tried looking in shadow keeper for his code, there's 5 entries and all are simply starting Keldorn's depending on what level you meet him. I suppose i could use one of those and edit him to be like he was, but then the quest is broken and what if he does suddenly turn up again ?

[ 02-04-2004, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: karlosovic ]
Old 02-04-2004, 09:38 AM   #2
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

help... please...anyone ?
Old 02-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Have you explored all of the Radiant Heart? Memory's a bit fuzzy, but IIRC, Keldorn waits in one of the backrooms.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #4
Xzirox
Manshoon

A bug that happened to me was that I went inside the Radiant Heart and searched everywhere for Keldorn, but he was nowhere to be found...So I exited the building then i entered again, there he was, in one of the backrooms....I dont know caused this bug =/
Old 02-05-2004, 05:59 PM   #5
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

My most recent time through the game left me with a disturbing Keldorn bug as well... I couldn't let him rejoin after he visited his wife... one of those dreaded "You cannot initiate dialog. Keldorn appears busy." messages. So even though I was a LG Morninglord, I had to squash his dreams. Phooey.

Spoilerish... sorta...

The only way I found to fix mine was to go see his wife's lover, then insist that Keldorn stay with your party. It's probably a very similar bug... something having to do with him respawning after he leaves your party. Latch on to him like a barnacle and don't let go!
Old 02-07-2004, 02:09 PM   #6
Noodle
Dungeon Master

hmm...when i did that quest he talked with the guy and went with his wife and kids to the circu...24 hours later he rejoined my party....i met him at his house....if i get one of the "Cannot initiate dialog" things...i just Ctrl+Q him into my party and voila
Old 10-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
Tyrion
Quintesson

Default Re: HELP !!! Keldorn is broken (spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
hmm...when i did that quest he talked with the guy and went with his wife and kids to the circu...24 hours later he rejoined my party....i met him at his house....if i get one of the "Cannot initiate dialog" things...i just Ctrl+Q him into my party and voila
I have found some continuing advice for this:

First do what Noodle said, then kick Keldorn out of the party. When you do this, he will initiate the same dialogue he would if you would come to his house and pick him up. This way, you don't miss the dialogue!