Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-28-2003, 04:45 AM   #1
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

Boss Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Okay

well from where I am currently in the game the hardest I think I have met so far
so if anyone can tell me what other creatures that are harder I have yet to meet
without spoiling too much u can.

I came back to kill these 2 it wasn't half as hard cos I was high up in lvl
by then....with a DRAGON BANE and almost everyone of me party had PROTECTION against FIRE!

* GREEN DRAGON
* RED DRAGON ~snip~

U can slay these all a DOG way if u know how...?
* All 4 LICHES in the game

but worst, ugliest and most powerful of all
* KANGAXX (the golden skull)

which I still have yet to kill
(any tactics some1 would like to share with us? try not to spoil as much as possible tho? :})

* IRENICUS of course which I have not met again
(but the 1st time in the ASYLUM I hardly lifted a finger and beat him perfect! no life loss!)

* BODHI is not hard but for some reason I slain her outright in the asylum (can any1 tell me if that was a BUG? she is suppose to escape as a vapor gas cloud! but I turned into a SLAYER with HASTE i think and was way too quick!)

(SPOLIER TACTIC) but it is pretty
obvious

* the next would probably have to b mayb MIND FLAYERS (there is a DOG way to beat them too) and ULITHERIDS or BEHOLDERS (in the underdark I slain all with only Anomen with SHIELD OF BALDURAN reflecting beholder rays and the beholders can't do jack!)

okay there the single monsters but what about Great skirmishes like 5 on 6 or 6 on 6? Can any1 tell me which group battles were the toughest challenge?

[ 07-28-2003, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 07-28-2003, 04:52 AM   #2
Ares

Yes, K is a pain; I find the 2 dragons to be quite easy compared to him.

edit- ty dundee =)

[ 07-28-2003, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Ares ]
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 07:49 AM   #3
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Umm, yeah, you're really not supposed to slay Bodhi outright... She runs away once you turn into the Slayer. But that's cool, I wonder if it will mess up your game at all or what?
Old 07-28-2003, 09:01 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Don't worry, killing B in the Asylum won't break your game, although I'm surprised that you were able to pull it off in the, what, TWO seconds of combat that the game allows. Are you sure it wasn't one of the other Vampires there that you annihilated?

All Dragons are good fights, depending on your levels, spells, and tactics. If you think that you're too high-level (such as taking on the Shadow Dragon right before the end of the game), just have your spellcasters forget about using their best spells, and you'll still get a good fight out of it.

As far as Kangaxx goes:
1) Charge in.
2) Before you die, Pause the game and examine the text window to see what sorts of spells & tactics he uses.
3) Think long and hard, and study your BG2 Manual. Try to figure out ways to block his attacks, and get around his defenses.
4) Repeat Step 1, a little bit better-armed this time.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:29 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

A Chain Contingency with 3 ADHWs and a Spell Trigger with 3 Lower Resistances works surprisingly well. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Cast the Spell Trigger ASAP before the dialogue activates, and watch them scream as the CCB explodes right in front of their faces. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Remember... you cannot control your PC when he/she is in Slayer form at that point, but his/her Contingencies still work.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 09:35 PM   #6
nightshift001
The Magister

tips for kangax
spoiler

send in a fighter (minsc) if u aint got anotherone with the warblade +4
and a scroll of protection from magic and kangax imprisonment wont do a thing so its rather easy
nightshift001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 09:49 PM   #7
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

I'd prefer getting a Simmy to cast PfM, as there are only two such scrolls in the game. However, that is a cheesy method...to each his own =)
Old 07-28-2003, 10:47 PM   #8
cerandil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found Kangaxx the lich to be tougher than the demilich. Had trouble getting anything to affect him before he timestopped me. Once I managed to dispel his protections he was easy. Dropped the demilich in one hit with MoD +2.

Dragons aren't that tough. Lower resistance + feeblemind works best. Lots of summons help too, especially against the green dragon. With ToB installed, I had GWW by then, which made it an utter cakewalk. The toughest dragon was Firkraag because his fire breath kept obliterating my spellcasters who had moved in to cast lower resistance/feeblemind.

Toughest by far are liches, with their arsenal of spells, and protections. Protection from magic weapons renders even the MoD ineffective. They're so hard to beat without resorting to cheese.

Edit: easiest - beholders with the shield/cloak of "cheese." Though I don't really consider it cheese because the the designers themselves did put them in the game. They're in there legit, so why not use them? And I love watching those beholders drop like goblins at an elven picnic

Out of curiosity How many people have ever actually tried (let alone succeeded in) beating the beholder caverns in UD without the shield and cloak? That would be quite the feat. I admit I've never bothered.

[ 07-28-2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: cerandil ]
cerandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 01:19 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If you allow us to use the SotM... piece of cake... without the Shield, the Cloak and the Staff... still a piece of cake... what with vanilla Beholders not being able to see through invisibility and all.

Now... Improved Beholders... these at least pose "some" form of threat. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 03:15 AM   #10
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

a really stylish way to kill kangaxx the demilich is : to have 3 rings of the ram, have 3 bearers in a triangle positioned around him, them gestureing with the power of the THREE on poor kangaxx and grab the loot. finally, the THREE overwhelm the ONE [img]graemlins/finger2.gif[/img]