Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

Default Jaheira and Party questions

I have a couple of questions before starting a run through BG2 with my party.

Im thinking about making Jaheira a Cleric/Ranger (which in my opinion makes more sense) using Shadowkeeper.
- Exactly how do I do this?
- What do I change and what will be automaticly changed?
- Will making her a c/r have any effect on romance?

I was thinking of making a run with this lineup:
- Dwarven Berserker with dual axes/one little nifty hammer.
- Jaheira (hopefully as a cleric/ranger) with shield and flail.
- Keldorn with Big Bad Sword
- Mazzy with short swords and bows
- Yoshimo/Imoen staff/bow
- Different NPC:s for their quests, then Soulafein
Any comments?
Old 10-22-2008, 03:57 AM   #2
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Jaheira and Party questions

As for the editing with ShadowKeeper:
open a regular saved game, not a quicksave or autosave
go to the Characteristics tab
under Class, choose Cleric Ranger
click Set Value.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

it's a bit more complicated than that i think (changing class or kit with SK doesn't change any other attributes)

there used to be a really good post about how to do it but this was the best i can find which has the gist i think

Or ---- using Shadowkeeper, change your class, level to 1, hit points, ac, and saving throws to what they would be at 1, but leave XP alone. Start the game and level him up. He will now be whatever level your XP puts him at with all the abilities and perks.
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The only real hurdle that comes to mind is the Druid Grove, which demands that the parties be Druids. But as that is pretty much the only reason to acknowledge the existence of Cernd, I have no problem with it. I believe Jaheira's Pin is wearable by any class.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
Shadow Stranger

Oh yes it is more complicated as I now recall. You will need to look at the spells known and all the rest of it. So go through the tabs one at a time and see if anything needs changing. (At times like this we need an explicit Druid v Cleric spell list, which spells are found in each of the two lists?)

The change desired by Tyrion is pretty straightforward, if you were going from Fighter/Thief to Fighter/Mage it would require altering spells known and thieving skills.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, in this particular case, the spells wouldn't cause any problem at all--provided, that is, that you're going by the method Armen describes, hacking your character down to Level 1, changing class, and Leveling Up from there. If you were going from a Fighter/Druid to a Fighter/Cleric, you would want to remove all the Druid-only spells. But you're not changing to a Fighter/Cleric, you're going to a Ranger/Cleric, and Ranger/Clerics learn ALL of the Priest spells anyway. (Still, as long as you're doing this, go ahead and delete Harper's Call. She'll hardly need it as she'll have Raise Dead, but I'd like to see if the spell gets given back to her upon Level-Up.)

A resonably good, comprehensive (including a breakdown of the Priest spell tables), and spoiler-free guide to the game can be found here.

[EDIT] WTF? The text contains the full link (ends in "bgguide.htm"), but the link itself is truncated to "bgguid". Whatever. Copy & paste this:
http://www.geocities.com/sixospades/bg/bgguide.htm

Last edited by SixOfSpades; 10-22-2008 at 05:12 PM.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
Tyrion
Quintesson

So this is what I did:
Changed alignment to neutral good (she is still neutral in some way)
Changed class to ranger/cleric
Changed her level and XP down to 8/8 from 9/9 then added the XP in game so she leveled up and got the spells.

This seems to have gotten the job done, she might have some bonus spells because of this, but thats not that bad...she is going to be used for casting mainly and only a bit for melee. Have I missed something?

Ill be back soon anyways to ask about problems about the romance with her...I have heard that its quite complicated allthoug I have the fixes for it.