Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-26-2003, 03:26 PM   #1
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Hello all, I am back ... although, sadly I am in need of really serious advice (I wish this was on happier terms) although I don't want to put a damper on anyones day, so if you don't want to read something that might ruin your mood hit your back button now [img]smile.gif[/img] ... I have recently learned that my Girlfriends Father is abusing drugs again (he has been arrested 5 times in the past for this) he is a very abusive manipulative man, and shows all of the classic signs of an abuser ... (puts her on house arrest for no reason ... tells us we're not allowed to have sex even after we're married untill we call him and ask permission each time, steels money from his children) really screwed up guy ... he used to beet the tar out of her older brother when he was about 10 years old. Generally this guy is a horrible person ... now everyone in the family has been made aware of a lot of this, My girlfriend wants out ... and now ... the only problem is, she won't be 18 for a couple months ... her brother will let her come live with him, but her parents are crazy and will probably come after her, or post her as a runaway ... they have confronted her mother and she is in complete denial and does not care a stitch about her daughters well being ... (when she was told about it she just said "huh, doesn't surprise me, talk to your dad" and kept watching TV ... her parents are also seriously neglecting her ... she has had sists in her feet her entire life ... and tonselitous for over 10 years and they wont even let her see a doctor ... they try to convince her nothing is wrong so they wont have to shell out the money ... I took her yesterday to see a doctor and paid for the visit and the perscription meds myself, without any insurance ... needless to say it wasn't cheep. The thing that scares me the most is the thought that she might have actually been abused by her father physically ... I know there has been much mental abuse and he has attempted to brainwash all of his children, it is scarey. The thing that sucks the most is he knows that we know something and has gotten rid of all the evidence once again, so if we call the police there is a good chance he will get of scott free. What should we do???? Please somebody give me some advice for her.
Old 05-26-2003, 03:37 PM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

First off, she is almost 18, she can legaly make her own mind up, she can go to the authorities, or she can find a place to hide out until she is 18, there is alot of great "hiding" places made for teens who do not whis to be found, I am not sure of your laws, but it sounds like she needs to get away quick before he kills her, the best thing if you choose to, is to go with her and hide her out at different hotels... but do not stay in the same room or under your name, find a friend to help with this, and if you are caught, at least you are not in the same room so they can not get you for that, and also report them anyway, it will make it harder for them to follow you guys if they are busy with the law on their backs
Old 05-26-2003, 04:29 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

A single call to Child Protective Services, in the U.S., will result in a thorough investigation and protective residence, as necessary.