Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 04:54 PM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
The correct spelling is zippedeedoodah...you missed an "e".

Thanks, i appreciate corrections, one is never too old to learn.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:58 PM   #22
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Gun control means useing both hands!
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 10-13-2004, 05:09 PM   #23
Stratos
Vampire

I thought the gun control group was represented by an Australian woman, not a European.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:10 AM   #24
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Excellent Shamrock.
I do find a very small fragment that I'd like to discuss, hopefully Larry will allow it.

In the middle Ms Peters quoted some stats about violence. But in Waynes closing he mentioned good and bad people. Ms. Peters replied that good and bad people only exist in movies.

I'm still ROFLMAO.

Are there any jails in Australia?
If so, are there only 'good' people in their?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:37 AM   #25
Aerich
Lord Ao

Problem being that both sides, respectful debate or not, are still holding on to their opinions with both hands. And in some cases making irrational statements that weaken the overall argument for one side or the other.

Oh, gee, does that apply to IW too?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:48 AM   #26
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
Problem being that both sides, respectful debate or not, are still holding on to their opinions with both hands. And in some cases making irrational statements that weaken the overall argument for one side or the other.

Oh, gee, does that apply to IW too?
On this topic YES. There are bound to be a few others as well, but that's what it's all about isn't it?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:37 AM   #27
MagiK

Debate away [img]smile.gif[/img] I have mine and Im not giving them up. Come try to take them

Didn't we fight a war over this kind of thing once before? You know, Europe telling the US what it could and could not do?

Old 10-14-2004, 09:47 AM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Debate away [img]smile.gif[/img] I have mine and Im not giving them up. Come try to take them

Didn't we fight a war over this kind of thing once before? You know, Europe telling the US what it could and could not do?
I have mine as well, but when the police finds out, they WILL come and take them away. And it won't be the first time it happens either.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:47 AM   #29
Davros
Takhisis Follower

You are right about the right wing / NRA slant on the report Shamrock [img]smile.gif[/img] .

I read a few reply posts futher down under the link where some clever reply had transposed a 2002 headline of an Aussie paper. The original headline of the article was "Human trafficking link to home murders". The title that the gun supporter decided to give it was "Australia's home invasion crisis, post-gun laws"

LOL - Home invasion crisis in Australia? - BOLLOCKS .
Old 10-14-2004, 09:52 AM   #30
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
Excellent Shamrock.
I do find a very small fragment that I'd like to discuss, hopefully Larry will allow it.

In the middle Ms Peters quoted some stats about violence. But in Waynes closing he mentioned good and bad people. Ms. Peters replied that good and bad people only exist in movies.

I'm still ROFLMAO.

Are there any jails in Australia?
If so, are there only 'good' people in their?
Your post is a PRIME example of what I DO want to see here. You are discussing the event that took place and the issues mentioned there, questioning the sanity of the question. Thank you!!!!!

As to an answer for you, I agree...she did not do well with this point she tried to make. There are no evil people in the world? I am sure she did not think about what she was saying when she said that. Yes, there are some people in the world that want to do nothing but harm others...and we sometimes call them psychotic (sp?) but that is because their brain patterns are not what we call "normal". Still, they are the way they are, and we cannot compare them to the nice 97 year old Mrs. Brown who bakes cookies for her grandchildren every Sunday after church.

There are also people that lose their tempers easier than others and do irrational things. Some people can count to 10 and breathe and calm down and handle a situation. The news tells us about the people that count to three and blow the head off a person because the neighbor's dog was pooping in his yard. Anyone that could qualify for an anger management class should therefore be considered dangerous if they have a weapon that could do great harm to another person...because that type of "hot-head" has not learned how to keep his passionate temper under control. I know that I have been angry enough at people to do some bad things, such as when this boy in band was playing the bass drum with a snare drum stick (it damages the head), I was so angry when I saw him that I grabbed the stick from him and hit him with it in the head. If I cannot control myself better than that, then I certainly do not deserve to own a gun. What would I do if somebody stole my new lawnmower and I caught them in the act? Is simple theft a reason to kill a man? Nope, but I cannot say that I would not do it if I had the chance. Sometimes I do not think when I am angry or in a hot rush of emotion.

I think that makes my point against her statement.