Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-24-2006, 08:55 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've been playing it, it looks pretty good. Best Premium Mod so far, lots of new content. I haven't found a horse to ride yet, trying to find one.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:52 AM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I bought it as well--for the custom content and tilesets to add to EFU [img]smile.gif[/img]

The tilesets are amazing alone! [img]smile.gif[/img] Horse models are crazy nice!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

How were you able to access the scripts and the content, Z? I couldn't work out how to do it. Apparently they're adding that content to NWN in patch 1.69 thoughh.

[ 09-25-2006, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 09-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #14
Tyrion
Quintesson

so combat on horseback is possible? thats what i miss in oblivion!!!
Old 10-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I've been playing it for a couple of days (on and off) and I have to say this is easily the best downloadable mod I've ever played. I haven't got too far in terms of storyline, but the innovations that the DLA team have put into this mod are remarkable.

So far the things I found really cool about it are:

- rideable horses. I wasn't one of those "we MUST have rideable horses" type people, but these guys did an awesome job in terms of not only having rideable horses, but also combat-ready horses. And the jousting is so cool!!
- lots of games. You can play darts, joust (the jousting system they have really works well) and engage in tournament games which adds to the atmosphere
- well-developed henchman interaction. It's the closest I've yet seen to the BG-party member feel, where your henchies actually seem to have personalities and will adjust their views of you based on your actions.
- gaining XP for skills use (eg disabling traps, searching, etc). Bonus marks also for actually making the Spot and Listen skills useful - you gain experience for spotting and hearing things
- proper cloaks you can see, without having to attach them to the neck of the armour
- new tilesets (which I think you can access via the .hak files)

In terms of the storyline, I haven't gotten too far so I can't comment, but this is definitely worth the $11 I paid for it.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #16
Zebodog

I'm sold. Thanks for the review, Memnoch!
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:21 PM   #17
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Ziroc raved positively about the final Direct Download module:
I bought it as well--for the custom content and tilesets to add to EFU [img]smile.gif[/img]

The tilesets are amazing alone! [img]smile.gif[/img] Horse models are crazy nice!
Come to think of it, Ziroc, have you downloaded the rest of the would-be premium module collection? I mean, to check out the various new models people have come out with and the tile sets they've produced? I've been rather curious ever since the advent of the first "should have been" module rearing its head over the crowd and storming over the gaming landscape like Godzilla. (And Godzilla references are ALWAYS in fashion.) There have been (I think) four other modules released - one of which I am sure didn't use any extra models to be constructed. With all this creativity evident around you, did that inspire you to greater heights?

[ 10-09-2006, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:31 AM   #18
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

wow thanks for the heads up.. ill think of getting this [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:03 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Geez this module is HARD. I'm struggling to get through Poltier's Fort bigtime. Just not enough bloody healing potions, and Edgar is useless.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:36 AM   #20
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

The hakpaks can be opened with NWN's hakpak viewer/extractor. Only one hak is encrypted. (Nothing big though, all the good stuff is accessible).

I bought it because I wanted to support DLA first and foremost. I have gotten many, MANY tips and good help from them making NWN Custom content, and all the hard stuff like skin meshes.

They kick ass. Secondly, I bought it for the stellar custom content. The Mist Dragon is .... animated Artwork.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote