Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #11
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Yes, there is a known bug, we just found it. Stupid people download them.

[ 07-16-2005, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: ElfBane ]

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:52 AM   #12
TinyMage
Dungeon Master

Hmm, post reported, have a nice day.

Well since I am not getting any definitive answers I am going to assume the answer to my original question is no.

Since I have reinstalled SOA + TOB I haven't noticed the any of the problems outlined in my original post, so you can tack on 2 possible bugs anyway.
TinyMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #13
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Saucy!
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:20 AM   #14
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by TinyMage:
Well since I am not getting any definitive answers I am going to assume the answer to my original question is no.
Dundee already gave you the answer. Let's review:

Quote:
Extracted from Bioware
~~ Note: Please keep in mind that this patch has received limited testing and so is marked as BETA. You should only install this if you are having very slow save and load times in Throne of Bhaal. If you are not experiencing these problems, do not install this. ~~
Quote:
Originally posted by TinyMage:
I have never installed the beta patch before, but I thought "what the heck".
Translation for the stupid:
You only install the ToB beta IF ToB runs slowly. Therefore, the known bug associated with the beta patch is installing the patch if your game works fine. RTFM.

[ 07-18-2005, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Pirengle ]
Old 07-18-2005, 07:55 AM   #15
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle:
Therefore, the known bug associated with the beta patch is installing the patch if your game works fine. RTFM.
well this is not a bug resulting from using the patch, which is what he asked for. yes?
while some people dont mind getting more info than they ask for, in his second post tinymage clearly asked for specific answers only. if you dont have it dont post.

and calling him stupid by elfbane was definately not called for.

Tinymage,
i used to get "error saving game. do you wish to quit?" sometimes.

[ 07-18-2005, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 07-18-2005, 08:58 AM   #16
GoblinZ
Dungeon Master

In ages past i´ve gotten the "Can´t save here" bug in the temple district too, but without the beta patch.
Then again, back then, that might have been with no patches at all, so. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I just moved out from the district and secured my progress with the autosave. ^^
And soon the bug disappeared.
GoblinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:32 AM   #17
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane:
Yes, there is a known bug, we just found it. Stupid people download them.
So personal insults, ElfBane. Consider this a warning.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #18
Lavindathar
Harper

You must be joking Dundee.

Just because your a moderator no point throwing your weight around.There are people who have been on here for ages, and then we get new people who make comments like "are you trying to annoy me", when an answer was given. I understood the thread the whole way through.

I'd hardly call it an insult.

And, in your first post, you didn't mention you had slow load times. You said you installed the patch for the heck of it. This implies you didn't have a problem.

Then you insult people.

The reason not many people report bugs, is as far as I am aware, not many people use the beta patch. As it cleary states, only use if you have slow load times. DO NOT INSTALL THIS PATCH OTHERWISE.

That sounds like Bioware know it could cause conflict if you do not have this problem. So, in my personal opinion, people who see this patch, and think "what the heck" and install it, therefore causing conflicts, in my opinion are pretty stupid.

[ 07-18-2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 07-18-2005, 01:34 PM   #19
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
So, in my personal opinion, people who see this patch, and think "what the heck" and install it, therefore causing conflicts, in my opinion are pretty stupid.
You still dont get it do you?
he wouldve been stupid if he installed the patch, in spite of the warnings and then started complaining he had problems and asking for solutions.
but...
he knows about the patch. He knows what caused the problem. and he already solved it (by removing the patch). he didnt ask you to help with the problem but simply to see if any of you got same/different problems from the patch. and he got annoyed with you all chastising him for downloading the patch. yes?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Just because your a moderator no point throwing your weight around.
Well, he was not made a moderator to kiss asses. And of all moderators Dundee does not throw his weight around.

[ 07-18-2005, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 07-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #20
Lavindathar
Harper

I'm not saying it's not fixed and sorted now.

I'm saying, he read the warnings but still installed the patch. Which is stupid. Afterwards, realising it was stupid, he uninstalled everything and re-installed it.

And so one of my sentences were not worded very well, when I said "and yet you come on here for help and insult people".

I'd like to retract that, just for you ZFR, and state:

"and yet you come on here, asking for someones experiance with a particular beta patch for BG2, and then you insult people".

Still the exact same point I'm putting across.

He started being a dick.