Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 07:44 AM   #1
Helsinki
Welcomed New User

Question Mark

Hi all,

I know this might be quite old question, but...

I need some help with my wizardslayer and I have been trying to find an answer to my problem from archive, but so far I haven't found it.
My first question is that are there any items, (disregarding armor, weapons and boots of speed) wizardslayer can use?
And the second question is that what is in your opinion of the best equipment (all includet) for wizardslayer?

Thanks and hope you can help.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

First off, welcome to the forum

Secondly, a wizard slayer can use any equipment that is not magical, but that obviously narrows it down a lot. Its been a while since i played a Wizard slayer, but have a final save file with him in i think. I'll have a look at what he's got. However, it was one of my early games when i didn't know what i know now so they may not in fact be the best choices. (Hope the files still there)
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:39 AM   #3
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Wizard slayers can only use healing potions and if you only have SoA installed, but they can also use antidotes if you have ToB installed too. (I think they can use Elixirs of Health in ToB as well, those purple bottles, but I'll have to check.)

Since you're limited on gear with a wizard slayer, I'd suggest maxing proficiencies in long swords as soon as possible and getting at least one point in axes, bastard swords, and halberds. Use your Bag of Holding to keep spare weapons and helms and change them out when necessary. (For example, I found the Dragonslayer helm and Stonefire +3--an axe that does fire damage--useful even in ToB.) As for uber equipment, it's the armor with the lowest AC and the weapon with the highest bonuses, same for any other class.

EDIT: There's a typo in your signature--it should be "strength." ^^;;

[ 05-18-2005, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Pirengle ]
Old 05-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

• All weapons, armors, helms and shields usuable by standard fighters.
  • All boots
  • Amulet of Seldarine
  • Pretty much any curative item, this of course includes regular healing potions and antidotes, but also Scrolls of Restoration, Rods of Resurrection, and Tree of Life Nuts
  • Nymph Acorns (if you have Tactics)
There's probably more.

[ 05-18-2005, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 05-18-2005, 04:17 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Why Long Swords, Pirengle? For a kit like the Wizard Slayer, I'd say go for the throat as far as cheese is concerned: Katanas and/or Flails.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:42 PM   #6
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Yeah, I think that the flail is one of the better choices in this respect.

THE flail also grants an additional 5% MR as well...
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:55 PM   #7
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

I'm personally going with Foebane and Angurvadal. The former because it plain kicks ass, the latter because it boosts strength to 22, nice when you can't use belts.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:32 AM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Cfaeyr > Angurvadal in all respects, including timeframe.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 04:40 AM   #9
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Mayhaps, but there are others in my party. NPP frees up the MoD for someone else as well.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:27 AM   #10
Helsinki
Welcomed New User

Nice to be here thanks for the replys!

Pirengle thanx for the correction, knew that there was something wrong in it

Acctully I got five slots on Katana, few slots on fails, darts and now one in two-handed sword.
Not sure was Katana the best choise for main weapon because Celestial is "only" +3 weapon and dosen't work against few mosters, but for the rest of the foes it is a total nightmare.

I'm now at lvl 20 and wondering do I get any more slots for weapons?

And what is Amulet of Seldarine and where can I get it?

I'm having a blast with my half-orc Wizslayer, mighty Jan Jansen and all ways happy Anomen (I know his not very popular NPC, but his a monster against undeads and a good fighter), at the moment we are on football camp in Underdark making pulp from Beholders.
I first started playing Inquisitor with full party but on chapter six I got a bit bored and noticed that on every battle I'm only using two on three party members, so decidet to start a new game with smaller group. Next maybe game with two or solo.