Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2004, 03:46 AM   #11
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sami88:
Is there possibility to have only swords? I hate flails [img]smile.gif[/img]
And yes this is my FIRST time soloing.
its possible i guess but there will be some things that you won't be able to damage (clay golems iirc) that will lead to some creative choices

if the only weapons you'll handle are swords then there's also no way to protect against vampire level drain which could be a killer in the long stretch without temples in the middle of the game

i agree with the people who've said potions - you'll learn to love them - potion of mind focussing for +3 DEX is also good and if you have draw upon holy might as an innate ability it stacks on top of potion effects so you can arrange 25 STR and DEX for tough fights (although i need to test that)

anything that grants invisibility early on (potions, ring of air control) will be good
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:43 AM   #12
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Defender of Easthaven +3
This flail was created a century ago to commerate the defeat of the demon Balhifet. It was meant to always remain within the town of Easthaven to remind the people of the great evil that had been barely defeated.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
+1 AC bonus
+20% resistance to slashing, piercing, and blunt damage
THACO: +2 bonus
Damage: 1D6 + 2
Damage type: crushing
Weight: 12
Speed Factor: 5
Proficiency Type: Flail/Morningstar
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 13 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Mage
Thief

It can be found from one of the bonus merchants. Not Deidre, but the other one.
Tiny nitpick. Since a flail does 1D6+1 damage, a +3 flail will do 1D6+4 (rather than 1D6+2) and have a THAC0 bonus of 3, making DoE a fiercely offensive weapon in its own right (incorrect weapon descriptions are common )

Soloing a Kensai is actually remarkably easy. It's still possible to obtain a bitchin AC without using armour (-13+), and you'll eventually reach a point where over 40 damage on a non critical swing is easily obtainable, so even tougher enemies will require just 2-3 hits to drop them. The rock bottom speed factor also makes hit and run a mandatory tactic (especially in the beginning).

You will have fun [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:27 AM   #13
Link
Jack Burton

Stupid Joluv is nowhere to be found! Deirdre's no problem, and I *know* Joluv wanders about but I can't find him.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:00 AM   #14
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well then just CLUA him in.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:49 AM   #15
Sami88
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok so i get celestial fury and DoE.
And put my points to those specialitions...
other weapons I should use?
Flame tongue?
other flails?
And how can I recharge that shield amulet?
Resting?
Sami88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:50 AM   #16
Sami88
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh and can ihave DoE in TDD or do I need another MOD or bonus merchants?
If I need webaddress would be nice [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sami88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:21 AM   #17
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

shield amulet (in common with many charged items) can be recharged by selling them to a shop and then buying them back

DoE is Joluv the bonus merchant - look in the sticky 'Mods' thread at the top of the forum
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:14 PM   #18
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Stupid Joluv is nowhere to be found! Deirdre's no problem, and I *know* Joluv wanders about but I can't find him.
Have you tried looking just outside the Copper Coronet? I find sometimes when there's a fight near him he tends to wander outside...
Old 04-23-2004, 12:46 PM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

A solo Kensai will do well to sniff around in Umar Hills... there is an easy quest there with great rewards, more so for a pureclassed Kensai.

For Ilbratha(sp?) lies there.

Flails and Katanas will be sufficient for proficiencies. Throw in 3* for Two Weapon Style, and you will be golden as far as weapon proficiencies are concerned.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 01:28 PM   #20
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Also Trademeet is very easy quest.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote