Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-29-2001, 07:26 AM   #1
Demoquin
Dungeon Master

At what level do the thieving skills are enough. please list all of tehm so i can get an idea. thanks
Old 11-29-2001, 07:38 AM   #2
Whailor

Depends more like enough for what?

Very generally, total of 150 (add or take some) skill should get you through anything, everywhere. To be on the very safe side when clearing the shops, many have said the 200 skill being the best. As for getting through the game, I have skills between 60-130 on the thief char and it's pretty much all I need, haven't yet got into any situation where the thief cannot unlock something or disarm something. Lowest here is the Detect Illusion (60'ish), rest are all between 110 and 130. Well OK, not all but the ones what I use (Lockpick, Disarm, Pick Pocket, Hide in Shadows).

Someone who plays a thief class can tell you though more, I play mainly the fighter types.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:55 AM   #3
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

It you are going to backstab, I've found a Hide in Shadows over 100 to be benefical, and when stealing from shops get the pick pocket as high as you can. The others should be in the 80-100 range, with no noticable improvement if you go over 100, so stick to pick pocket when everything is at 100.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:04 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:
It you are going to backstab, I've found a Hide in Shadows over 100 to be benefical, and when stealing from shops get the pick pocket as high as you can. The others should be in the 80-100 range, with no noticable improvement if you go over 100, so stick to pick pocket when everything is at 100.

I don't agree. Move silently is important for backstab, but for Hide in Shadows you can simply use a Potion of Invisibility or an (Improved) Invisibility Spell. This way, you can spend your valuable points on other abilities like Set Traps, Pick Locks, etc.
[img]smile.gif[/img]