Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 08-21-2001, 11:56 PM   #1
ebayles
Dungeon Master

Hello..kind of new to this...but...my party is Me (ranger), Minsc, Dehradyia (Whatever, invoker woman), Khalid and Jaheria, and Imoen. If i want to pick anyone up (Im thinking cleric and hear there is one in the fair) I lose two people.....any thoughts on what I should do?

thanks
ebayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 12:30 AM   #2
Darkman

Well like you said, most of your current party is made up of inseparable duos, and it is probably not in your best interest to lose two party members for one. However, there are a few ways to ditch one NPC without his/her counter-part leaving as well. First, you can lock the undesired NPC in the closet, so to speak, by selecting that NPC and having them enter a secluded building or area that you will not use again. Then reform the party dropping that NPC from your party. He/she will not be around to talk to you about your decision to drop them, so then their counter-part will have no reaction either. Be sure you never enter that particular building or area again though, since they will then confront you and their companion will get angry and leave. But as long as you leave the NPC stranded his buddy will never know the difference.

A second method is simply to stage a convenient "accident" where the undesired NPC ends up dead. This can easily be accomplished by stripping the NPC of all his/her equipment and placing them at the front line in the next battle. Yes it's tragic and their counter-part will mourn the NPC's death... but they'll get over it

Now you are free to add a new member to your party! Brawen, the cleric you find at the carnival, is a pretty good cleric in my opinion. Jaheira is alright, but I never liked her snooty attitude.

--Darkman
Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 05:48 AM   #3
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

That is exactly what i did to form my party, i sent Minsc and Khalid wandering off into a pack of gnolls and they met their untimely demise. Now my party is me, (Fighter) Ajantis, Branwen, Jaheira, Imoen, Dynaheir. Only thing that sucks is the constant complaining from jaheira and branwen when you get your rep up to 20. this party gives a great number of cure light wounds as well.
The Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 07:44 AM   #4
don_carlo_uk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I always went str8 to High Hedge after Beregost and killed Khalid for Kivan. I never liked Ajantis for some reason....

Why on earth did you want rid of Minsc?
don_carlo_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 09:16 AM   #5
ebayles
Dungeon Master

I was thinking of offing someone.....seems a little strange...but not a bad idea. I was thinking of trying to get Branwen for Jaheria. Does this make sense? Im in Chap. 2, and I like having the three fighter types, a cleric, mage, and thief. I dont know about these other dudes yet (Ajantis/Kivan) but I imagine I'll have another dilemma later.....
Old 08-22-2001, 01:01 PM   #6
Darkman

Brawen for Jaheira is a good trade off in my opinion. Brawen makes a better cleric with her higher wis stat, and is a pure cleric (not multi-class) so she will level up faster than Jaheira. But Jaheira isn't bad either and she will do more damage being half-figher and having slightly better strength.

Kivan is an elven ranger found in High Hedge who makes a great archer. You may not need another archer though since you are a ranger yourself and are probably fairly proficient in the bow as well, but it could be nice to have an extra archer around for at least a while... Ajantis is a paladin who can be found alongside the road in the area north of the Friendly Arm Inn. He is comparable to Minsc in that he makes a good front line fighter. He is not quite as strong as Minsc and has lower dexterity, but being a paladin he has the Lay On Hands ability which gives him limited use as a support healer.

--Darkman
Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 07:35 PM   #7
ebayles
Dungeon Master

Just wish I could do it without offing her. Maybe Ill drop Jaheira and Khalid, travel with 4 for a while, get the cleric, then hope for another one soon.....

should i be doing bow stuff with my ranger? I was still having him in the front..im new to all of this...