Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2002, 08:48 PM   #11
Elric of Scotland
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey bush is fantastic he give the rest of the world such a laugh....i mean the american dream right?....how can someone so thick be come the most powerfull man on the planet....fanny tastic
Old 07-23-2002, 09:27 PM   #12
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
I wonder what stunt he may try to pull to bolster his falling number? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]
Errr, invade Iraq??
Old 07-23-2002, 11:15 PM   #13
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

kinda funny that the vast majority of the people who are opposed to Bush, arent even involved in America or Bush. hmmm, kinds funny i say.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 07-24-2002, 01:42 AM   #14
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
kinda funny that the vast majority of the people who are opposed to Bush, arent even involved in America or Bush. hmmm, kinds funny i say.
Yeah, we (well, at least I) don't feel pressured into having to get along with the administration as it does not govern the land in which we/I live in. Foreigners get a less personalized yet also more objective viewpoint when it comes to politics; except when concerning foreign policy, which arguably effects us (the dark, brooding, barbaric masses of non-Americans worldwide) more than it effects Americans [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2002, 05:12 AM   #15
skywalker
Banned User

I wonder why it is, that it was ok to bash Clinton, but it's not ok to Bushwhack?

Mark

[ 07-24-2002, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: skywalker ]
Old 07-24-2002, 05:31 AM   #16
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Now if only it was Howard...
Old 07-24-2002, 06:14 AM   #17
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I wonder why it is, that it was ok to bash Clinton, but it's not ok to Bushwhack?
Actually, I retract the statement I posted above, it was just plain silly.

But, Morgan, here's something that may explain the ill will toward Bush.

I think that people outside this country can see things differently, because they are on the outside looking in and are not blinded by Patriotism or love of country. They are certainly influenced by foreign policy as The Hierophant posted. Mr. Bush is considered by many as the most powerful man on Earth (shudder) and some people outside the US (and many inside, too) do not agree that he is doing a great job. That is bound to happen in any administration.

On the obverse side many Americans "hate" Bill Clinton, but there are many countries whose leaders feel nothing but respect for him and the work he did while he was President.

Don't kid yourself, everyone in the world is involved by what George Bush and America does. There is definitely a Domino Effect going on in the World regarding US Presidential Policy.

Mark
Old 07-24-2002, 06:51 AM   #18
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
That's because we are interested in what goes on in the rest of the world. And we don't have to ask your permission to have an opinion. Not yet anyway!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-24-2002, 07:12 AM   #19
Moni

Well I, for one, would have liked to have seen a "President For Life" clause established during the Clinton administration. He would not have had to force a dictatorship in order to continue as our president. IMO he was the best thing that has happened to this country (leadership-wise) since JFK.

And, Skywalker, your statement is not at all silly...we could eventually be arrested for Bushwhacking and have our rights stripped simply because we don't like him or the way he runs things...it makes us "terrorists" and the war against terrorism in the Homeland has yet to begin.

Old 07-24-2002, 08:06 AM   #20
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

You guys just wait. W. will turn things around. Clinton, President-for-Life? Shudder at the thought. Most loathesome President? Certainly.