Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 01:33 AM   #41
BladeMaster

Hey Milamber could you send them to me.

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 01:48 AM   #42
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I would love to Blademaster. The only thing is, I just checked to see how many I have and it is pushing 1000. Zipped, the folder is 22megs. Right now I am on a 56K, but if someone has some room on their site, I can send them the folder so that everyone can download it. If there are any particular types of portraits you are looking for Blademaster, I will happily sort through mine to send you portraits more suited to what you are looking for.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-18-2001, 01:50 AM   #43
BladeMaster

Talk to Ziroc and see if he can host them for you Milamber

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 02:00 AM   #44
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Good call. I'll send him an email. If not, I'll get one of those freespace accounts and just post the login info.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-18-2001, 02:03 AM   #45
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
Talk to Ziroc and see if he can host them for you Milamber

What, host Lady Nightshade's portraits here? Don't think Ziroc will do this, with what just happened to Lady Nightshade. That would piss off Lady Nightshade as well as the "artists" who conspired to shut her site down. Just my 2c.

------------------
Old 05-18-2001, 02:19 AM   #46
BladeMaster

It was an idea Memnoch

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 03:36 AM   #47
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

LOL SHOT DOWN!

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-18-2001, 03:40 AM   #48
BladeMaster

Caleb knock it off I don't see you offering any help.

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 05:49 AM   #49
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
It was an idea Memnoch

I wasn't shooting it down. I was expressing my opinion. Don't get so touchy.

For those who don't know the story, LN shut her site down because some people started harrassing her and emailing artists, claiming she wasn't giving them credit for their work, infringing copyright, etc. (IMHO this was all a load of BS.) This got to a point where I think LN just got sick of it all and shut it down. This has now led to numerous problems at Planet BG (where the site was hosted) and there are all sorts of flame wars happening there now.

So if Ziroc hosted the pics, 2 things would probably happen:

1) the people who conspired to bring LN's site down will start harrassing us; and

2) LN would not be too impressed if we just host pics that were taken from her site.

That's why I don't think it's a good idea. If they were MILAMBER's original work, then by all means yes, that would work.

------------------
Old 05-18-2001, 08:59 AM   #50
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

TeamBG also has tighter security. You can't browse their boards as a guest. The only way you can see what they are discussing is if you are a registered member. You need to register first, by e-mailing all of your information to Ken. Then he decides if you are really interested in TeamBG things or if you are just a trouble-maker looking to flood the site with flaming. I would hate for Ziroc to have to get to that point to keep others from harrassing this site.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 05-18-2001).]