Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-08-2000, 11:48 PM   #1
medarch

I'm stuck in the room with the holy altar(?) (where I think I'm supposed to be aiming the beam of light at the altar). When I was moving the statues in the room to access the tunnels behind, one of them got jammed in the main entrance doorway and now is stuck there. When I arrange the pylons to direct the beam of light, the light hits the statue and doesn't enter the room or hit the altar. I've tried everything to move the statue to no avail. Is completing this task necessary to complete the game? I hope not because I've gone quite a ways past the tomb and don't think I'll be inclined to replay thaat much of the game. Anyone have any input / ideas?

Old 11-09-2000, 11:30 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

When you say you've gone quite a ways past the tomb/pyramid what do you mean? Did you get to talk to Kerah? Did you raise the champion from his ashes?? If you haven't had the light hit the ashes on the altar then you will need to restore to a save before this time. You really have to raise the champion from his ashes which is done with the beam of light.

Wyv
Old 11-10-2000, 12:34 AM   #3
medarch

I did talk to Kerah, and explored around the area outside (ie. caught the leprechaun) but I went back thru the tomb to Brimloch and even Ishad Na and completed a bunch of side quests. I guess I'm out of luck as I can't raise the champion with the statue stuck where it is. Yet another annoying bug in what could be a really good game......Sigh.

Old 11-10-2000, 09:10 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

oh argggggg
That is really the pits.
You don't have a save game near this point in the game???

I've been lucky that I have experienced few bugs in this game but having been playing CRPGs since the midandevil ages, I have played games that were hopelessly bugged and really sympathize with anyone who puts in so many hours only to come up against unsolvable problem. I've learned to keep multiple saves going at "critical points" in the game which seems to help avoid having to do too much over again but sometimes even that won't help.

Medarch (nice name) have you talked to tech support?? Hope you can move that statue and get on with the fun!!

Wyv
Old 11-10-2000, 09:17 AM   #5
Astyanax12

When you say you moved the statues did you just push them or did you use the 'carry' option. I had no problem manoevering the statues around using 'carry'. I've have also found that seemingly impossible situations in this game can often be solved by sheer perseverance, just keep trying. It can be frustrating but eventually you should get through.

Old 11-10-2000, 09:20 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

ASTYANAX - Good reply!

I took for granted that medarch had tried the carry option but if he hadn't that could of course be the solution!! Sometimes the simple things are the easiest to overlook!

Wyv