Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 09-19-2001, 08:25 PM   #1
tduzan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am needing a group(or one real good one) of good quest builders to assist me in making a personalized quest(basically i suck at the qeditor and want somebody to do it for me)

Ivar

email me if you are interested at email]tduzan1@yahoo.com[/email]
tduzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 01:54 PM   #2
Balgin
Elminster

If anyone want to help him out then feel free to assist me. I tire of entering numeric coordinates and turning wall bracketed torches to face away from their respective walls. I can help out but I don't enjoy using it and can only do the most basic things (at least it's not as complicated as the Revenant Quest Editor was, now that was absolutely attrocious).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 06:28 PM   #3
tduzan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i didnt get that could you speak lamens terms to me?
Old 09-28-2001, 06:38 PM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

Basically I can use it to do basic things. I can design room layouts, set approximate contents of chests, design unique monsters etc. However, sometimes it malfunctions (goes wrong) and the game crashes because it decides to refuse certain monster graphics. For example, I wanted a unique amazon armed with a scimitar and shield and settled for the "blue" variant. She was guarding the entrance to a dungeon where a more powerfull amazon awaits her vampire lover in anticipation of becoming a vampire herself. However, when I try to run it sometimes the game decides that the amazon model that I chose doesn't exist and ignores about a third of the other monsters.

So, I can design entire levels for you but-! I can't neccessarily do the fiddly bits involving monsters reacting differently to you depending on wether or not you have completed certain actions (all of that tech head stuff about "virtual objects" and "invisible virtual objects" in the tutorial just went straight over my head). I generally can't be bothered to actually design locations but have the talent (and probably the potential to work out the tough techie bits).

So, if you have any requests, let me know and I'll consider it but there's probably someone out there more qualified than me.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 12:01 AM   #5
tduzan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok im simply wanting a quest that i can walk into a house on the surface and get tons of gold and stat potions and fight one monster for tons of exp that way i can export my character for use in multiplayer
Old 09-29-2001, 08:09 AM   #6
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

What you really want is a quick way to up your gold and stats. I know there is a "gold cheat", but as a thief character, I've never needed it. As for the potions, you don't need to go to all that trouble. Sit down, apply a little logic and you will realise that it is possible to create a "mule" character with heaps of potions that can be used again and again.

(hint, starting new games with 2 chars, buying potions then exporting the chars might have something to do with it)

And before you ask, I'm not going to give you the step-by-step guide to this process. If you are going to short circuit the normal way of gaining points, you will at least still have the challenge of figuring out how to do it

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 09-29-2001).]
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 05:15 PM   #7
tduzan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

actually i cant get any trainers to work for me i have the latest patch and i think that might be the problem but i donot know any way to downgrade my darkstone