Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-15-2001, 08:34 AM   #1
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

Hi people I am extremely annoyed. I just did the d'arnise hold quest, just as I was about to go to the basement I noticed the room with golems and all those weapons. Since they went hostile I decided I would get them when I'd finished. Now I own d'arnise hold but I can't find those weapons anymore, they are gone! Does anyone know if they are in another place? And lets just say I can't get them, how much is it going to affect me.

Also what level does a monk need to be to seriously kick ass.
Old 07-15-2001, 09:04 AM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Possible Spoiler

I have some bad news for you. Once you finish the basement and become the owner of the estate, it seems to be "restored" to its previous condition. The golems are gone and with them the stuff they had. The only way for you to "fix" the problem would be to go to a previous saved game and replay some of it.

How will it affect you? Well, I only got one item from them and to be honest I do not believe that it affected me tht adversly. I don't know that I would go back and replay just for that.

A monk? I play a monk. At level 13 you get quivering palm ability and then you will begin to kick some serious ass. As you go up in levels you will see exactly what a powerful character you have on your hands.

BTW, Welcome to Ironworks! Great forums here. If you haven't done so, please come over to General Discussions and introduce yourself and give us a chance to get to know you better.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 07-15-2001, 10:02 AM   #3
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

It's not as hard as it seems.........one sanctuary and go help yourself.

(Yes, you'll have to restore from previous games - the other option is CLUAConsole editing)

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 10:03 AM   #4
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

Last point this is really bad, I did the Firkaag quest for 10,000 and u kill the wrong people etc. When I go to the slums this really powerful party attack me and I cannot beat them, however I go to Windspears house and he says everything is cool with the order. What can I do? How can I make them go away without killing them and making my reputation suffer.
Old 07-15-2001, 11:08 AM   #5
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

But apart from what I said, basically is the equipment in Nalia's castle worth getting? Can I get a lot better eventually?
Old 07-15-2001, 12:32 PM   #6
samoza
The Magister

the equipment isnt that great, get some cash for it but again later in the game u have it coming out of your ears. as for that other problem , the bloke told me it was cool when i finished the quest and that was the end of it. maybe you have to have a certain level of reputation to get away with it?
Old 07-15-2001, 12:35 PM   #7
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

I have a 15 reputation at the moment, and I haven't lost any through doing evil deeds. Basically If I can't operate in the slums I will have to restart the damn game and that makes me sick.

Does anyone think when I restart I should do it on my own and get up to level 10+ quickly?

I'm thinking of being a Monk/Mage or something
Old 07-15-2001, 01:44 PM   #8
Alaric
Manshoon

Warning - Monks cannot dual class.

SPOILER -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
One of the weapons that you can get from the room with the golems is another piece of the Flail of Ages. When attaced to the other two pieces, the flail becomes more powerful.

About your other question, did you rescue his daughter yet?
------------------
All the world is a stage and we are all actors playing our parts.

[This message has been edited by Alaric (edited 07-15-2001).]
Old 07-15-2001, 01:52 PM   #9
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would not obsess over the equipement in D'Arnise. I don't think it is that important. My opinion. As Alaric sais you can't dual class your monk but I would encourage you to stay with him. Later on, you can acheive up to 60% magic resistance, hands become +4 at a certain point, it is just in the lower levels that they suck but are well worth the pain later on.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB