Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2002, 08:15 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior
 

Join Date: November 16, 2001
Location: Estonia
Age: 28
Posts: 2,775
WHat are your thoughts on people who own pirated copies of the RPGs? I mean that if there was a RPG fan that owns pirated versions of many CRPGs but wouldn`t say or ask anything like "Where to download BG 2" or give a link, would he receive less respect from you(most certanly would from most members) or be even banned from the forum?
Just curious..
uss is offline  
Old 08-02-2002, 08:36 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator
 

Join Date: March 1, 2001
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,784
What anyone does in the privacy of their own homes is up to them. As long as they adhere to the ToS rules on IW they will be fine.

However, if anyone comes here and starts boasting about how they never buy a game and only get pirated copies they will get nuked pretty quickly.

Hope this helps.

[ 08-02-2002, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Mouse ]
__________________
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline  
Old 08-02-2002, 08:52 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior
 

Join Date: November 16, 2001
Location: Estonia
Age: 28
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
What anyone does in the privacy of their own homes is up to them. As long as they adhere to the ToS rules on IW they will be fine.

However, if anyone comes here and starts boasting about how they never buy a game and only get pirated copies they will get nuked pretty quickly.

Hope this helps.
Hmm, ok. Thanks for the quick reply, Mousey [img]smile.gif[/img] .
uss is offline  
Old 08-02-2002, 09:10 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane
 

Join Date: November 26, 2001
Location: Texas
Age: 69
Posts: 8,166
Galadria says that she saw Z ban a guy when he bragged about pirating ToB. Mna, what a lame game to get banned over. He could have had my (legally purchased from Amazon) copy for free.
__________________
Even Heroes sometimes fail...
Attalus is offline  
Old 08-02-2002, 11:30 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator
 

Join Date: March 1, 2001
Location: Midlands, South Carolina
Age: 42
Posts: 14,745
I support Mouse's post...

I was going to say more, but realized that there is no better way of putting my thoughts together in a more suitable fashion than has already been done.

Larry_OHF is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 02:33 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton
 

Join Date: March 21, 2001
Location: Philippines, but now Harbor City Sydney
Age: 34
Posts: 5,556
well, if they do want to discuss piracy, i suggest just posting something about "wishing to discuss about piracy on a certain game" and fix it out through email or chat. (the post is to get the attention). thats my suggestion
__________________

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 08:30 AM   #7
Lord Shield
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
well, if they do want to discuss piracy, i suggest just posting something about "wishing to discuss about piracy on a certain game" and fix it out through email or chat. (the post is to get the attention). thats my suggestion
I disagree - I would suggest the piracy suggestion be started in PM rather than in a thread
 
Old 08-03-2002, 09:18 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton
 

Join Date: March 21, 2001
Location: Philippines, but now Harbor City Sydney
Age: 34
Posts: 5,556
Quote:
I disagree - I would suggest the piracy suggestion be started in PM rather than in a thread
well, you do have to make a simple thread to announce your intention, i think its kinda improper to PM all the people in IW... aside from PM'ing all the nearly 10000 members, that would be a pain to your fingers and keyboard. [img]smile.gif[/img]
__________________

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 09:44 AM   #9
Kaltia
Jack Burton
 

Join Date: May 2, 2002
Location: Canterbury, England
Age: 30
Posts: 5,817
There was a guy on the NWn forum who had a probably copied version of NWN and couldn't play online-no CD key. So he asked if anyone would *chuckles* give him their CD key so he could be a happy little pirate. I think that's just wrong. I might occasionally copy music CDs as long as my dad or mum bought them first 'cos we're not made of money here
__________________


The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 09:50 AM   #10
Lord Shield
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
There was a guy on the NWn forum who had a probably copied version of NWN and couldn't play online-no CD key. So he asked if anyone would *chuckles* give him their CD key so he could be a happy little pirate. I think that's just wrong. I might occasionally copy music CDs as long as my dad or mum bought them first 'cos we're not made of money here
even if you didn't copy CDs you can usually find music files on the net using Kazaa or something

To be honest I think pirates are damn cheeky to request registry numbers of other people who HAVE paid FULL whack for their own games
 
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supreme Court Accepts Abortion Appeal from Bush Admin Timber Loftis General Discussion 4 06-21-2006 05:37 PM
Mods question Stonewarrior Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal 9 02-07-2005 10:32 AM
Server Admin, What??? robertthebard Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum 0 11-08-2003 09:30 AM
Question for IW mods cloud ff7 38 General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 3 09-20-2003 06:51 AM
A question about mods... ShadowChild Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal 7 03-18-2003 10:40 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2017 Ironworks Gaming TM & The Great Escape Studios - All Rights Reserved