Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-11-2001, 09:53 PM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

A short man with fiery red hair and clear blue eyes waited outside of Lance’s office. His black tunic was stained with ale on the neck and shoulders, and his breath reeked of the same substance. Leaning heavily on his two-handed sword in his left hand, he took another swig of ale from the glass bottle in his right hand. Most of it missed his mouth though, spilling all over his face and the floor behind him.
“Excuse me sir, but can I help you with anything?” asked Lance’s assistant from behind her desk.
“Yeah, I suppose you can help me. Is the big man here right now?” he asked in heavily slurred speech.
“Well if you mean Lance he’s right through these doors. I can show you in if you want,” the assistant offered him, waving her hand toward the door.
“Nah, I can find my own way in,” he mumbled as he stepped toward the door. He looked at it as if he were bewildered by an intricate puzzle for a while, then he finally pushed on the door with his right hand, carefully putting the bottle away beforehand. Seeing that it wasn’t a complete barrier, he walked into it head first, opening it even more and spilling himself out on the floor. The assistant chuckled, but the man just ignored her, rubbed his head, got back up, and walked through the now-parted doors.
A voice startled him when he got in the room. “From what I have heard, you must be Jerome. It’s a pleasure, I believe, to meet you at a time where I can finally remember who you are,” Lance said casually as Jerome stumbled through the door.
“Ehh, it might be. Is this the right office? I was told to come to Lance’s office, but I might’ve gotten lost along the way, he groaned as the light hit his eyes.
“Well you’re in the right office. But where are the others that I told to come up with you?” Lance asked him, looking over Jerome’s shoulders.
“Err, those guys? I didn’t see them, and I don’t think they followed me either. Uhh, could I ask you a question? Where’s your bathroom?”
The question surprised Lance, and it took him a couple seconds to answer. “Umm, it’s right down the hall and to the right. Please hurry if you could, the others should be here soon,” Lance answered uncomfortably.
“Thanks!” Jerome flashed a quick salute, then ran down the hall and very nearly tore the bathroom door off its hinges as he smashed into it at full speed. Lance heard something being forcefully expelled from Jerome’s throat, then a loud groan. The sounds were repeated many times, until Jerome spilled himself out in the hallway to catch his breath.
Lance walked over and knelt down next to Jerome. Parts of his uniform were now stained with a brown-orange color and areas around his mouth were also lightly speckled with it. “Are you quite finished?” Lance asked, extremely annoyed by Jerome’s actions.
“I think I am,” Jerome moaned. He wiped a bit of the substance, which Lance identified as vomit, from the corner of his mouth. “Anyways, where were we?” Jerome asked with a loud belch.
They walked back into the first room and sat down in two large leather chairs across from each other. “We were talking about where the other twenty people who should be here are. Perhaps I should make another announcement?”
“Nah, they’ll get here. Do you have anything to drink while we’re waiting?” Jerome asked while looking around for cabinets.
“Why yes, yes I do. I have a bottle of champagne for special occasions, and I keep a full bar in the kitchen. Would you like to indulge yourself in it?”
“Oh yes, I’d love to!” Jerome eagerly screamed when Lance mentioned a full bar. He sprang from his seat and followed Lance to the kitchen, and began to open cabinets and look on top of shelves.
“Hey, I don’t keep it out in the open!” Lance told Jerome as if he should already know it. “Wait just a second, I’ll get it out for you.” He pressed a small button next to the sink, causing the wall behind the sink to turn around, revealing a large cache of whiskey, wine, beer, and aged champagne.
“Now we’re talking!” Jerome exclaimed when he saw it. He rushed forward, grabbing for bottles, until Lance stopped him by grabbing his arms and twisting them behind his back. Jerome yelped out of surprise more than pain, and struggled against the hold.
“Hey, where are your manners?” Lance yelled over the noise Jerome was making. “Let me get the drinks out before you grab for it!”
“Oh,” Jerome answered with a sudden feeling of knowledge. Lance arrayed the bottles out on the counter, and Jerome watched with tortured anticipation as the drinks were put in a careful order very slowly. When Lance finally stepped away, Jerome took it as his queue to begin, and grabbed a bottle of whisky in a matter of seconds in his hand and chugged it as fast as he could.
“Okay then, now that we’ve relieved the tension, maybe we should go back and wait for the others to get here?”
“Yeah I guess we should,” Jerome said with another loud belch.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-11-2001, 10:05 PM   #2
Encard
Quintesson

Interesting... very interesting... it sounds pretty good. Out of curiosity, is Lance this person's full name, or is it something else? Or is that classified information?

------------------
The Eternal ChAos-bringer of

HADB

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 10:11 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Lance is his screen name, i'm going to change it around. just like i'm going to change around quite a few of the other names (including the main character's name!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-12-2001, 11:52 AM   #4
H. Sedai

If you have need for a village idiot in your story, I have a humble suggestion for a name.

wait for it...

any second now...

Hiram Sedai!!

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Supreme Commander of nothing in particular
  • Justicar of the unguilded few
  • The tattooed freak your mother warned you about[/list]