Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2002, 11:40 PM   #1
Pangur Ban

I did not want to work with either the T'rang or Umpani, so I ignored them both, up until now.

I've just forged an alliance between them, after freeing the prisoners from the away camp.

Problem: I have nothing to offer to the Mook to get inside their base,
to get the Chaos Molari.

I know that there is a letter you can give them - but now that the Black Ship is toast, the leaders of T'rang and Umpani won't speak to me anymore, they just say that they will meet me on Ascension Peak. I don't even get the chance to pickpocket them !!

Pllleeeze help me ....

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 11:46 PM   #2
chimera99
The Magister

It sounds like you may have found a path that the designers didn't expect. If worst comes to worst, gte an editor and add either the letter or the Chaos M. to your inventory. Or you can do like most of us and decide you really didn't like that party anyway and start over.
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 11:53 PM   #3
Pangur Ban

quote:
Originally posted by chimera99:
It sounds like you may have found a path that the designers didn't expect. If worst comes to worst, gte an editor and add either the letter or the Chaos M. to your inventory. Or you can do like most of us and decide you really didn't like that party anyway and start over.

Oh, please, NOT that, anything but a re-start !! I've already done that twice ... I don't really want use an editor, either.

There must be an answer, otherwise why could I make the T'rang/Umpani alliance anyway? ( or could this be done even if you worked for one or both of them earlier in the game ...? )

( awaits pearls of wisdom from saviours... )
Old 02-01-2002, 12:01 AM   #4
chimera99
The Magister

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the letter is physically on them so you could pickpocket it? Bottom line is you need one of the letters to get into the Mook house, and that is where the CM is.
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 12:56 AM   #5
Nix
The Magister

If pickpocket doesn't work, you can try violence as a last resort [img]smile.gif[/img] According to Warhammer, the alliance papers can be gotten off Z'ant's body. So I guess the designers did cover that possibility.
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 01:18 AM   #6
ice3
Drow Warrior

Did you pickpocket Z'ant? He has a letter.
Old 02-01-2002, 02:51 AM   #7
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Two words: Kill Z'ant
Old 02-01-2002, 07:33 AM   #8
ObverseReaction
Dungeon Master

Actually, there's an easier method. For the Umpani, it's Balbrak who gives you the quest to deliver the letter to the Mook. Even if you can't talk to General Yamir, you should still be able to talk to Balbrak. And if he won't give you the quest, at worst you can still PP him. No need to kill anyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

O.R.
ObverseReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 08:30 AM   #9
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

O.R. : Always the goody-gooder huh ? [img]graemlins/viking.gif[/img]