Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 10:52 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oops!

*slaps forehead*

Forgot to show signature... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.
Old 07-15-2001, 10:55 AM   #12
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I think I read somewhere that they have to fall within a specific size limit, although I don't know what it is or how it's defined. Try looking in the General Discussion forum, I think I read it there.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-15-2001, 11:20 AM   #13
Tuor
Elminster

Cheesy IMHO is doing stuff like advancing your party so you can just see one enemy in a group. Taking him out with missile weapons/spells/summoned creatures and then repeating until all your opponents are dead.
Or running through a door to escape from powerful enemies then closing the door resting for 16 hours to get your spells back and trying again and again and again.
Or area effect spelling an enemy you know is there but haven't seen on screen.

Not that I've got anything against anyone who wants to play like that it's up to them.

Sending a stealthed thief or invisible character in to take a look about is not cheesy because it's using your party's strengths I like doing that finding the enemy mage, backstabbing him or her then charging with summoned creatures fighters while the opposing group are standing there saying wtf.

Old 07-15-2001, 11:24 AM   #14
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

Many people have said that this is a cheese method. Hide, scout ahead and find enemies, go out of range of vision, cast area effect spells that hit the monsters without them seeing you.
I DISAGREE!!! What good is a scout if you don't use it? You think the only reason for being able to hide is to get a first strike? I think that a weak thief with good hide abilities would be more than happy to find the enemy and report his findings to his mage buddy so he doesn't have to fight! Also, the mage would be happy to know where the enemy is so he doesn't have to be seen!!

Couldn't agree more. With my mixed party of thieves & rangers, there's nobody visible most of the time. Using an Archer with a sniper's heavy longbow to drill enemy mages from long range is very fun. Especially if you use boots of speed and zig-zag while the sniper handles your chasers.

Enemy Mage: * casts Truesight* "Bwahaha I see you there you little thief!"
Little Thief: "Oh no! I ... (dramatic pause) ....am doomed! Me and my Powerful Magic Sword ( rolls eyes) are finished!"
Enemy Mage: * casts Protection from Magical Weapons* " Bwahahahahahahahahah!"
Concealed Sniper Buddy, with plain old arrows: *Calls Shot*
Old 07-15-2001, 07:01 PM   #15
DarkTemplar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You have to consider that in reality the enemys would be able to see a lot further (albeit not perfectly) that they can in BG2, so the enemys really should be able to see your mage from further off, that tactic just exploits the AI and takes a lot of the fun of the game away for me, but i suppose if u have fun doing to then go ahead!

------------------
Those who ph33r the darkness have never seen what the light can do
Old 07-15-2001, 10:39 PM   #16
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Cheese, jam, butter, who cares?? You paid for the game, you own, you play it whichever way gives you the most satisfaction!!

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc