Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 05-01-2001, 10:24 PM   #11
Balgin
Elminster

Yes, the differences are nioticeable (sorry for not posting for ages but my modem accidentally used a banned IP adress and I haven't been able to post for about five weeks). It's basically a huge dungeon crawl with stupidly large quest exp awards (for instance, going across the road to buy a drunk man more beer gives 1200 xp). However, it can still be fun so enjoy.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 10:42 PM   #12
Glycerine
Manshoon

I play...er...well I used to play pen and paper DnD and I haven't noticed anything major. I know some rules they cut out due to time or technology contraints, and some they cut for design issues.

The end result is that the infinity games are the closest thing to DnD that you can get on your computer. Would anyone disagree with me on that?

Glycerine
Glycerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 10:46 PM   #13
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Glycerine...not one bit
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 04:10 AM   #14
Erekose
The Magister

If you'd played then you would understand the term Monty Hall, which this game is to a large extent. Not that it isn't entertaining, but the first time through you either go up levels quickly or die. It's well worth it, even in feeble Aussie dollars but don't expect BG. Expect a lot of battle

------------------
THE RUNES ON THE SWORD ARE THE WORMS THAT ARE WISE
THE NAME OF THE SWORD IS THE SAME AS THE SCYTHE
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote