Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #41
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Replay Value

The two spirits are different creature types.
197: Sinister Sentry
364: Sleeping Sentry
In the past I tried to decrypt D6Mons.dat, with mixed results, here is the relevant link.
http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=98497
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #42
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Smiley Re: Replay Value

That's interesting because I don't recall that they encountered the Sinister Spirit after wards unless it was on the grounds below and was destroyed before they were able to identify it.

They didn't respond to the initial attack(they were down at the moat) because Wili the Rat was afraid that it was the Sleeping Sentry who attacked them from the wall, and the wall was devoid of all living and undead when they climbed up to throw the switch the following day.

Well, they haven't entered the Castle proper yet because they ran off to find Agent G and put down the Werewolf. Gronk also became a Ranger while Jake One-Eye Set out to become a Paladin. Now they finally have their minds set on entering Shurugeon Castle to purge the evil infestation there.

Peace, +Dr.Pick
Old 03-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #43
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Smiley Re: Replay Value

They've cleared most of the ruins and retrieved two of the Evil Elements needed for the mask ritual. They just have to clear the cell block, wade through the sewers, and do the Tower before heading back out to find that Ardibren fellow who helped them in the Great Stair Room.

Once they put that arrogant demon back in his place, they'll find Jathil and go have a chat with the Stouts.

Almost forgot- They encountered (another?) Sinister Spirit when they re-entered the pool room at the entrance of the ruins.

+Dr.Pick

Last edited by Dr.Pick; 03-27-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:31 AM   #44
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like your game is moving right along!!

Not having time to play, I take vicarious enjoyment from your adventures!

Wyv
Old 03-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #45
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Sunglass Man Re: Replay Value

and it's my joy to do so Wyvern!

To update:

The Little People have just delivered Erzebette's Letter after having delivered two letters to the Gezrite, Jathil, from the local Church in Ishad N'hahaha. They are now going to explore the area between Ishad N'ha and the DragonSpire to collect loot and experience before heading into the Stout Mines for Dragon Ore and... Raskalion.

Peace, +Dr.Pick
Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #46
Shadow Stranger

The way guild quests are handled is so silly. Here it is even worse, only one letter is needed to give Jathil the message from the Priest guild.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #47
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Shocked Re: Replay Value

Yes, they might just as well have been able to do it that way, but I didn't take any chances. I switched characters right before he stopped talking so he wouldn't walk away, and have them chasing after him like that blasted Toad, Mekdawa.

I have the keyboard controls reset more like the industry standard- wasd, so if I try to chase while in conversation, they don't move, instead I get, "wwwwwwwwwwwwww" DOH!! I have to switch out of talk mode to move and then try to switch back before the NPC wanders off again. Terribly annoying.

Well, now they are poised to off that Griffon that's in the way before you get to the Stout Mines.

+Dr.Pick
Old 04-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #48
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Sunglass Man Re: Replay Value

The Griffin was much easier then I remember, but there was a horde of other enemies before they entered the mines. Still- no casualties.

It took quite a while to re-figure out the mapping for the mines so I took copious notes in the "Tome" map section for future reference, and the other big problem is weight. The hammers and pick axes are too heavy for what they're worth, so we only kept one pick for use on the ore piles, and left the rest, but the miner bombs are five pounds each so I had Jerome use them as often as I could remember. My Gnome is the only one with the throwing skill. They only had to return to town once toward the end of the dungeon.

The great news is that they all leveled so my Priest and Wizard are about ready to become Warlocks!

+Dr.Pick
Old 04-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #49
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like you're doing really well!!
A lot of the stuff you find isn't worth carrying to sell. I always found the game a bit biased towards swords and staves - which suits the way I play. Maybe if they had had more time to develope the game they could have evened such things out.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #50
Shadow Stranger

You can create your own items or just alter existing ones, turn swords into maces&. I discussed this in the topic
http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=98382