Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2003, 07:50 PM   #61
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Alae pulled the young elf girl forward, This is where you help us, sweetie. Show us where this crystal is." Alaerth at the moment was totally at ease, holding his shield lightly and spinning Isak in his hand. His blood rage only came when he got angry, and fighting didn't usually do that, "If you see my brother's eyes turn red, I want you to get behind me. He wouldn't willingly hurt you, but when he is berserk, he is not himself." She motioned for Xvim to come up with them. The drow fanned out behind, weapons ready, the priestess at their head.

Alliene frowned. Something was wrong here. Caution couldn't be exeercised now though. She pushed her army forward. If anything happened, she would deal with it appropriatley.
Lady Blue03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:17 PM   #62
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Myrdaelth held out her arms, waiting for Alae to pick her up, assuming that it would be as before; the half dragon carrying her, and keeping her out of harm. Softly she asked "Lady Alae, may I borrorw a dagger or something? To defend myself with... or maybe something to wear?" her tone was incredibly quiet and shy.

~~~Meanwhile...~~~

Alliene's musings were cut short as her warriors fell back. The Yuan'ti must have summoned demons, and the drow were beset by them, and were being pushed back. This didn't bode well... Alae should strike soon...

Edit: Sig

[ 10-17-2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 06:58 PM   #63
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Alliene set about summoning elementals and her all powerful planetar. She yelled at a few priestesses to get protection from evil spells cast on her warriors and summon a few demons of their own.

Alae bit her lip, I can't carry you child, I need to be unburdened in case we have to fight. I'm afraid I gave the mithril to Zachana, seeing as it wouldn't have fit you. Just stay behind me and point the way. We will do our best to keep you out of harm." She and Alaerth's sensitive ears picked up some angry shouts from the drow, "We must hurry, it does not sound well over there."
Old 10-18-2003, 07:29 PM   #64
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Tears welled up in the girl's eyes and she impulsively embraced the half dragon. Then she let go and nodded, her eyes dry again. Seeing this, one of the drow, a male bowed swiftly to Alae, and said, "My lady, as you pointed out, we don't have time for this; permit me to carry the child?" and assuming Alae said 'yes', the warrior gently took the child in his arms, holding her protectively close, his shield covering her back, holding her. His other hand was free to operate his weapon, and he occasionally shifted the girl in his arms. Myrdaelth looked terrified of the drow, but happy not to be slowing the party down, bit her lip, and let her head rest on his chest. The drow gave her an almost fond, almost preditorial smile, but said nothing. The party set off, and soon penertrated the castle. Twenty-three in number, including Alaerth and Alae, warriors and of course the priestess, they were able to sneak through. They lost five of their number along the way, but reached the throne room without difficulty... Myrdaelth had explained the way down to the dungeon was through the throne room. A huge monster stood in the throne room, and Alae lost three more of her fighters, and would lose more if she didn't act soon...

The second party, Zach, Xvim and twenty more warriors had also set off, and arrived at the throne room the same time as Alae had. Though, they had had mor difficult, losing fifteen of their warriors...

~~~Meanwhile...~~~

The battle raged on outside, Alliene's forces and summons barely holding the enemies' at bay...
Old 10-18-2003, 07:56 PM   #65
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

"No, we cannot fight him now! We must destroy that crystal!"
"Then why the bloody hell are we here!" Alaerth snarled, who was beginning to lose grip on his sanity.
Alae turned to the elf girl who was in the drows arms, "Where is the crystal! If we want any hope of winning we must destroy it!" In the meantime, she had pulled her warriors back out of the room. Zachana used her mirror to teleport back to Alliene and aid her in dragon form.

[ 10-18-2003, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Lady Blue03 ]
Old 10-18-2003, 11:53 PM   #66
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Posting for Ian (gus):

"This has been an interesting turn of events..." Gus muttered, watching the combat take place... He decided he couldn't make anything worse by summoning a hurricaine to blow toward the enemy.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:49 PM   #67
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

The girl whimpered and pointed behind the throne, and said "Th-the way down is be-behind th-the th-throne" she stammed, clinging to the drow warrior. The warrior gently rocked the girl in his arms, soothing and hushing her. If only to keep her quiet.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:50 PM   #68
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Alaerth growled out a string of foul curses, Let's just kill the damn thing. We can go dragon and the drow can do the rest!"
"No, Alaerth! I have seen that we won't be able to harm it. We need Alliene's help."
Alaerth humphed, "So you say. How do you plan on getting by it then?"
Alae blinked and glanced around. Spotting the priestess, she waved her over, "I've no doubt you've dealt with demons before." The priestess smiled wickedly and nodded, "Do you have any suggestions of getting by without being hurt?"
Old 10-19-2003, 03:34 PM   #69
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

The priestess smiled darkly, "You have an innocent virgin child, Princess. Sacrifice her to the demon. That will allow you to go through unmolested." Myrdaelth stared in horror at the drow priestess, and the warrior tighened his arms around the girl, preventing her from thrashing. His hands firm, he glared at the girl as she looked about to cry. In her ear, he whispered, "If you start howling, I'll smack you. Hush." Myrdaelth nodded, shaking. The warrior addressed Alae, "My lady, surely there is another way? So far, the child has proved helpful. We do not have anyone else with knowledge of the castle like hers...". "Silence male!" snapped the priestess angrilly.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:15 PM   #70
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

"I will not sacrifice the child. I would rather we not have to scarifice anyone." She didn't stop the priestess from down the male, knowing it was the way drow were. She sighed and began to pace, while Alaerth grew more impatient.