Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2000, 10:38 PM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Never played D&D in my life but have had a blast with BGI, Icewind Dale and now BGII. Let me say I am a weasle of a closet cheater. Meaning, I use the "ExploreArea" cheat (because I could never get out of Chapt 1 in BGI - kept stumbling into someone who'd kill me) but rationalize to myself to the point where I don't consider that cheating. I also use this board when stumped (again, I don't consider this "real" cheating - hehehe...).

Anyhow, two questions for you D&D/BG experts: (1) How can I find out the type of spell/charm a character is under and (2) while at the Adventurer's Mart, I notice when I send a character up to sell/buy something, a faint symbol appears in the upper left of their portrait. Given the merchant's comments, methinks something (besides the air, water and quality of life) is rotten in Hoboken... Please help as I would eventually like to enter the realm of the untainted gamer. Thanks, folks.
Old 12-31-2000, 10:59 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

1. Check your character's portrait page. It will list the variolus good and bad magical effects that the character is under. Also, the character's small portait on the right of the screen will show some small symbols at the bottom of the portrait. There is a different symbol for each magical effect.

2. If you're talking to a merchant, the character doing the talking will have a little symbol in the upper left corner of the small portait that looks like either a $ or a money bag that Indicates that he/she's spending your hard-earned gold.
Old 12-31-2000, 11:57 PM   #3
Armisael

It's a neat feature. Caught my mate with it once.
"Hey! We need that, dammit! A f--- robe!? You've GOT a f--- robe!"

Old 01-01-2001, 12:18 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I've never played multi on computer with other players, that sounds hilarious Armisael. So someone can spend all the parties gold on that shiny new sword eh?

What if they're pickpocketing, get caught, and the storekeep goes red? As you can no longer buy that armour you were saving for do you go and kick his butt?
"Ok we'll raise you in 5 days buddy. Next time be more careful...."
Old 01-01-2001, 08:29 AM   #5
Moiraine
Anubis

It happened to me too. The 1st time we got to the Adventurer's Mart, I spent all the gold of the party for this nice little Sling + 2 and pretty robes ... because I didn't realize that it was all the gold of the party that was displayed ! And then we went back to the last saved game ... but the expression of my husband saying "Hey ! I have no gold at all !" was very funny ! After that, he said that RPGs were exactly like real life ... And like in real life too, each time we get back to the Mart, there is suddenly a lot of yelling in the room !