Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-14-2000, 12:18 AM   #1
dcch

Well, I finally found the ghost of Grunaxe.. spoke with him and ran through all the keywords... and yet he says something about telling him what "truth" I'm searching for~ wish I knew.. since I "accidentally" found myself in here (and a boogre).. I don't know what he expects me to tell him~

Please.. any tips? clues? SPOILERS?

Thanks much,
dh

Old 11-14-2000, 09:50 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

REGIS - oh great sage - answer this question!!!

I know you can!

Wyv
Old 11-14-2000, 02:07 PM   #3
dcch

REGIS! Oh GREAT SAGE~ pllleeeeeeeeeeze... help me~

Old 11-14-2000, 04:35 PM   #4
Regis
Welcomed New User

Uh...ok (like I'm some hero )

Here are the key words I used with him and some brief description of what they did:

Pit - Tells you about where he died/mentions the scorpion I believe
Grunaxe - Identifies himself
Torin - (Make the old man happy and tell him you saw his son)
Help - I believe this is where he asks YOU to help HIM (ie: free his soul)
Beast - The monster that killed him (Scorpion in Arena)
S'Keser Da - The chick what gots a crush on him
Evil Eye - What opens the Guardian's Chamber
Hag's Chamber - Where to get the Evil Eye
Guardian's Room - Where it is
Hag/Pris'kiel'a - The big baddie you have to fight
Guidance - Specific instructions on what to do with the Evil Eye and the Idol of Aku

Basically, he lets you know the Scorpion killed him; his ring is with his corpse you can give the ring to S'keser Da (you learn this more from her than him); you then get the Evil Eye and fight Pris'kiel'a; and how to use the Evil Eye to open the chamber where the Idol is. Nothing much important really...you could get by without it. Only other weird thing I experienced with Grunaxe is that when I went back to do the Idol again for my Samurai/Wizard Quest, he was gone (and I know I left him in the main prison room the last time).
Old 11-14-2000, 04:41 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yay Regis!!!!

I knew you would have the perfect answer so that qualifies as HERO in my book!!

Do you take massive notes??

Wyv
Old 11-14-2000, 05:34 PM   #6
Regis
Welcomed New User

No, I'm a dying breed...someone who likes to read and occasionally remembers good lines:

"Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens" (Gimli at the departure of the Nine Walkers from Rivendell)

"Doth he say that he is a blinking idiot?" (King Tuan of Yorick's description of himself)

"Stone and Sea are deep in life..." (Giantsong sung by Saltheart Foamfollower)

"I WILL kill him!" (Feyd-Rautha, who said it better in my mind that Sting ever could have)

"...I stood by Teresa throughout her tragedy. I know what demons possessed Madeleine..." (Cher Rogi)

"Will all of you who would like to die immediately and save yourselves the inconvenience and discomfort of being chased down and slowly hacked to pieces please step forward? We can have you in the arms of your one-eyed God in the blinking of an eye." (Guess)

and of course (although I got this from the movie)...

"You've fallen for one of the classic blunders, greatest of which is: "Never get involved in a land war in Asia"! But only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line"! A-hahahahahaha! A-hahahahaha! A-haha-ulp!"
Old 11-14-2000, 05:43 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah you are being modest!!
I'm an adiv reader but don't have the gift for remembering all the great lines (which is why I underline and dogear or use fancy little clips to mark them off)

Do you write poetry?? Anyone who can quote such great lines at the drop of a hat has a poetic soul!

Wyv

Which of Shakespear's plays has the most quotes that have become commonly used?
Old 11-14-2000, 05:59 PM   #8
dcch

I bow low to mighty REGIS!

uh... I mean thanks for all your help... I'm off to give the new keywords a try (I already used most of them, but didn't try help)

thanks again,
dh

Old 11-14-2000, 05:59 PM   #9
Regis
Welcomed New User

Ok, this is quickly turning into the "Regis-is-a-great-guy-board" and I'd like to be the first to vehemently deny that before the stoning, tarring and feathering begin...to wit:

"Much like Zaphod Beeblebrox, Regis is 'just this guy'"

I have only written one poem and it was for a depressing occasion, so I stay away from the association. Poetry as mankind describes it is merely the "acceptably" good way of expressing oneself with words. True poetry can be seen in quite alot of other things if anyone decided to slow down and ponder what they might be looking at (try watching geese curl their wings as they come in for a landing over a lake or watching the moon come up over a crest as you're driving at night).

Damn, that celes.mid is making me overly-deep...better knock it off for a while....
Old 11-14-2000, 06:09 PM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

Enjoy it while it lasts! Another day you will wish you were in this moment again!

Wyv