Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 02-12-2005, 12:48 AM   #1
Keriath Sephaeren
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since nwncep.com is down till march or later, figured this was as good a place as any. Where are the blueprints built into the CEP stored? I know it's not in .erf format, so anyone know?
Keriath Sephaeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:26 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

They're stored in the various cep .hak files. You can open those using nwhak in your /utils folder. Simply export the resources you want.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 11:13 AM   #3
Keriath Sephaeren
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What format are they in? The reason I ask this is because I'm trying to create a CEP 1.51-compatible version of the EFU extra hak for a mod I'm working on(Because of those RIGHTEOUS tileset offerings). So far, the 2da's seem to be in order, but the blueprints get screwed up somewhere along the way and end up misassigning names (for example, what SHOULD be a "torturee daggered to tree" in placeables actually looks like a vertical orc spike or somesuch. Weird, and annoying because as far as I can tell there should be NO remaining 2da conflicts. Is there a controlling index, 2da or otherwise, for blueprints that's conflicting between the two haks? Or do I have yet more wrangling to do in appearances.2da? Because I don't give a damn WHAT the toolset says... my level 10 Obsidian Golem is NOT a frigging Goblin Spider Rider.

[ 02-12-2005, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Keriath Sephaeren ]
Old 02-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #4
Keriath Sephaeren
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I may have figured this out--it looks like all the blueprints that shipped with CEP were in utx format. Ergo the conflict isn't in the 2das themselves, just in the various utx resources disagreeing with eachother. Either duplicate resources, or perhaps an addressing conflict (read: problems in the tlk) What this translates into is, I have to go through and fork with the custom tlk file for the blueprints. Fun stuff. BUT all should be beautiful after that.

[ 02-12-2005, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Keriath Sephaeren ]
Old 02-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

Wish you luck finding the different bits.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote