Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-05-2002, 12:23 PM   #21
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Angel:
Since when was the greatest threat to humanity goblins and orcs?

... Since you were a level 1 mage getting your ass whupped good and proper by a mean lil ole goblin, that's when.

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Epona ]

Old 02-05-2002, 12:30 PM   #22
Redblueflare
Galvatron

There was a *little* story in Icewindale, but it wasn't the biggest part of the game. It was definitely more hack and slash, and the random weapons would make it more fun than BG2, if it had all the character classes and abilities. So in my opinion it was good, but not as good as BG2. I'll buy IWD2 anyway.

Oh yes and hey Link! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

[b]RedBlueFlare
[i]
The dragon tamer lives on...
Old 02-05-2002, 01:26 PM   #23
J'aran
Mephistopheles

The main reason I didn't like IWD as much as BG2 was the absence of kits and Half-Orcs. Seeing as all the kits from SoA plus more, and not to mention sub-races, will be implemented in IWD2 I wouldn't be surprised if I'll find that IWD2 beats BG2 hands down.
I really liked the fact that in IWD you could create all six of your characters. Creating and developing your own chars is IMO half the fun of a good RPG, and the more the merrier. My biggest worry for IWD2 is that with all the kits and sub-races I will have to play the game a lot of times to try everything out. I'm all for an eight-person party instead of six.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:40 PM   #24
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Tieflings? Wow, since they're making at least that one extra-planar race availiable as a PC race I wonder if they'll be allowing Githzerai and Githyanki PC's as well? *prays*

Now it would be REALLY fun if you could play an Abishai or some other extra-planar creature, perhaps just a chance to play undead, or maybe being able to change the party's mage(s) into Liches/Archliches late in the game.

Ooooooh, I'd REALLY like to see some of the more unusual races in an RPG, like Thri-Keen or Sahuagin, perhaps an RPG that offers you the chance to be the villain of the story, instead of forcing you to be the hero some way or another by vanquishing some great evil at the end(Even if just to steal it's powers or some such thing.).
Old 02-05-2002, 01:46 PM   #25
J'aran
Mephistopheles

There will also be Aasimar, but I doubt they will throw in any of those you named, Neb. It would be cool though.

But I for one am content that I will be able to play a real Drow for once, not just some Elf with black skin and white hair.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:48 PM   #26
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I for one am thrilled about IWD 2, and with the expanded kits, it sounds like it's going to be terrific. It's nice to know we'll have another 2nd edition game to play in the future.

I just hope they don't put any more of those ridiculous romances in there like they did in BG2...ruined the whole blame experience for me.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-05-2002, 01:49 PM   #27
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Tieflings? Wow, since they're making at least that one extra-planar race availiable as a PC race I wonder if they'll be allowing Githzerai and Githyanki PC's as well? *prays*

Now it would be REALLY fun if you could play an Abishai or some other extra-planar creature, perhaps just a chance to play undead, or maybe being able to change the party's mage(s) into Liches/Archliches late in the game.

Ooooooh, I'd REALLY like to see some of the more unusual races in an RPG, like Thri-Keen or Sahuagin, perhaps an RPG that offers you the chance to be the villain of the story, instead of forcing you to be the hero some way or another by vanquishing some great evil at the end(Even if just to steal it's powers or some such thing.).

LOL, Neb! Holding such high hopes for IWD2 - I can't help but think you will be disappointed when the game is released.

Having said that though, I would love to play a Tiefling.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:49 PM   #28
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

LOL, Neb! Holding such high hopes for IWD2 - I can't help but think you will be disappointed when the game is released.

Having said that though, I would love to play a Tiefling.

Well, perhaps we'll see it in some future RPG then, and a Tiefling? What's that except a (Demi)human with perhaps some horns and a tail?

A "gift" from their demonic father.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:56 PM   #29
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Yeah, a tiefling like Annah in PS: T. But, since it is a sequel, wouldn't boring people like me get to import our party from IWD?
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-05-2002, 02:59 PM   #30
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Yeah, a tiefling like Annah in PS: T. But, since it is a sequel, wouldn't boring people like me get to import our party from IWD?

Nope. The story takes place a generation after the original, whatever that may mean with Elves and Dwarves around, whose generations take lots of time. But anyways, you can't import your chars from IWD1.