Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-04-2002, 09:20 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Hi
A thread in the IWD forum says that Black Isle has started work on Icewind Dale II.

IWD II Official Site

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Hayashi ]

Old 02-04-2002, 10:44 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This is the bestest news I have had all day!
Thanks for the link!!!!!!

I am looking forward to it...and everything else taht is comeing out taht I do not have money for...
Old 02-05-2002, 12:37 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, man...IWD 2, along with Neverwinter, Dungeon Siege, and Morrowind....

groan...I need a new computer! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-05-2002, 12:51 AM   #4
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Hmm wonder if its going to be another dungeon crawl or actually have some story to it.

EDIT: Oh wait, just read it "...and offers more of the classic dungeon crawl experience" Bah, I am not buying it.

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Grand-Ranger ]

Old 02-05-2002, 02:02 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Hmm wonder if its going to be another dungeon crawl or actually have some story to it.

EDIT: Oh wait, just read it "...and offers more of the classic dungeon crawl experience" Bah, I am not buying it.

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Grand-Ranger ]

IWD did indeed HAVE a story to it. Personally, I liked IWD better than BG. Don't know why.. just did. I enjoyed the areas you visited and the story was pretty cool. but my #1 favorite thing was YOU got to create an entire party, and not have to use NPC's.

I'm already working on an IWD2 website for Ironworks!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-05-2002, 02:11 AM   #6
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

I'll have to play it again. I don't remeber a story. All I remeber was trying my best not to get killed. Then go from point A -> point b try not to get killed again then move to point C and so on. I like my games somewhat Might And Magic style. I'd like to go from point A to point C every once in awhile.

Lord Killjoy
Old 02-05-2002, 02:30 AM   #7
Jorath Calar
Harper

YEY!!! Great news...
And you get to fight ORCS!!
Woohoo! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2002, 02:36 AM   #8
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Yes this is good news as I enjoyed IWD but I have yet to get Heart of Winter for it yet.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:08 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

And it gets better!
"Icewind Dale II makes use of a heavily modified version of the award-winning BioWare™ Infinity Engine, originally developed for the Baldur's Gate™ series. Modifications to the engine include a variety of features originally developed for Baldur's Gate™ II: Shadows of Amn™, including dual-wielding, class kits, new classes such as the Sorcerer and Monk as well as 3D technology developed by BioWare. Icewind Dale II introduces new class kits like the Mercenary, Giant Killer and the Dreadmaster of Bane among others, plus new sub-races including the Drow and Tiefling."

May 2002

Now this is talking serious!

I didn´t like the fact that some features from BG2 were missing, easy to get used to one game IMHO, but this rocls! Tieflings, Drows my oh my

But when o when will they make you able to play werewulfs/wulfweres and gaian werewulfs??? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 02-05-2002, 07:24 AM   #10
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Personally I enjoyed IWD a GREAT deal more than either BG or BG2. I finished IWD twice and have yet to play either of the BG series through to the end. Personally, the first time I played BG2, I was put off because there were so many side quests. I of course had no walkthrough nor did I download one and was running around in circles trying to complete the dozen quests I had after walking into the bizaar. The only quest I cared about was gettig Imoen back, and you just forget about her for 75% of that game.