Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2002, 07:05 PM   #1
Smoothie
Manshoon

Ok I've been here for awhile now and I still don't get the groups. is there a thread somewhere im missing that tells me what they are and what they mean? why am i an elite waterdeep guard? and what am i guarding?
Old 01-13-2002, 07:10 PM   #2
Durwyn
Elminster

Well you see if you actually WOULD have read the rules and not just scrolling down to the page and NOT reading the Rules of Agreement when registering for this forum, then you would have known [img]smile.gif[/img] .

No, you're not guarding anything. These names are from Forgotten Realm novels and D&D, just showing the more posts you make the different and supposently "higher rank" name you will get. Just basically makes it more fun I guess. Like in BattleTech Forums you'd get 30 posts = MechWarrior, 40 = Star Commander , 80 = Star Captain and so on.

You get the idea [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 01-13-2002, 07:22 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:
Originally posted by Smoothie:
Ok I've been here for awhile now and I still don't get the groups. is there a thread somewhere im missing that tells me what they are and what they mean? why am i an elite waterdeep guard? and what am i guarding?

It doesnt mean anything other than the number have times you've posted Smoothie. Its no big deal, just have fun here!
Old 01-13-2002, 09:56 PM   #4
Smoothie
Manshoon

no i'm serious i want to know what they mean. and yes i did read the rules but i had joined a long while ago and have read several rules since then. they all meld together. hmmm.... i will reread them but if the explanation is not clear i will be back to pester for answers further for that is indeed what a guard of waterdeep would do methinks.
Old 01-13-2002, 10:02 PM   #5
Smoothie
Manshoon

no list, no nothing in the faqs, im tempted to reregister just to see if there is indeed a list. i suppose no one wants to help me out here. i know it is about how many frikkin times you post im not a moron, duh, i was hoping for a bit more info, like what post number bumps you to what etc. if it is a secret that is fine too, but at least tell me that. geesh
Old 01-13-2002, 10:14 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
If you log out and click on register, there is indeed a list of ranks (I just checked [img]smile.gif[/img] ). However this list is out of date since a lot of new ranks have been added and I think the post numbers were wrong anyway I don't think there is an official updated list anywhere. I think you will become a dungeon master at 50 posts if that's helpful [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2002, 10:23 PM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

quote:
Originally posted by Smoothie:
no list, no nothing in the faqs, im tempted to reregister just to see if there is indeed a list. i suppose no one wants to help me out here. i know it is about how many frikkin times you post im not a moron, duh, i was hoping for a bit more info, like what post number bumps you to what etc. if it is a secret that is fine too, but at least tell me that. geesh

No need to blow a fuse and get angry at people trying to help you, the thing is there is a lot of titles and not many people would be able to recall them or the number of posts off the top of their heads. I suggest contacting IW directly and getting them to send you an E-Mail if it's that important for you.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:15 PM   #8
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Smoothie there was a list but because Ziroc has updated it no one knows what you need for each level now.

And just so the other people know Smoothie is not angry
Old 01-13-2002, 11:33 PM   #9
Durwyn
Elminster

Yeah, really now, no need to show attitude for those who wished to help ye. Now each of the names does indeed mean something, they are names as I've said from Tolkien and Forgotten Realms, like Elminster, a great Wizard who is known from Myth Drannor and other places, Drizzt Do'Urden and I'm sure you've of him. Elite Waterdeep Guard is obviously a Guard at Waterdeep, and I dont quite remember where that is. But in any case these are just names from D&D and Forgotten Realms thats it, just make this forum a bit more fun.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:37 AM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

From the infamous registering page:
1 - 4 Welcomed New User
5 - 49 Dungeon Master
50 - 99 The Magister
100 - 249 Drow Warrior
250 - 300 Elminster
301 - 400 Zhentarim Guard
401 - 500 Avatar
501 - 600 Drizzt Do'Urden
601 - 750 Red Wizard of Thay
751 - 999 Emerald Dragon
1,000 - 1,499 Red Dragon
1,500 - 1,599 Silver Dragon
1,600 - 1,799 White Dragon
1,800 - 1,899 Lord Soth
1,900 - 2,050 Lord Ao
2,051 - 2,100 Hathor
2,101 - 2,300 Ra
2,301 - ??? Anubis

As you can see, the list is a mess... Even the Elite Waterdeep Guards are missing, and there are many others, mainly a bit higher on the list, that are missing. I don't know, maybe Ziroc will finally update it in the future, but he's probably too busy to attend to such trivial matters.