Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2001, 06:17 AM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Strange, i recall from the books that the Sardaukar got wiped out by fremen childeren and seniors yet in the game, they kick Fremen butt.
In the game, the Sardaukar also kick Atreides, Harkonnen, Ordos, Ix, Tleilaxu and Spacing Guild butt.
Old 10-28-2001, 07:28 AM   #12
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Sadaukar fan right here! Those guys are cool!

When you come to think of it, the planet of Arrakis is so much like Afghanistan.. lots of troops, mountains, air/desert power and invisible native warriors..

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-28-2001, 07:45 AM   #13
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

yep, dune emperor is cool, never thought the graphics would be intenst

i like the sandworm

house ordos is not in the movie or in the books, only in the game ... sigh, i kinda liked them but they are something like the Tleilaxu in a way ...

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-28-2001, 09:10 AM   #14
Har'oloth
Manshoon

Happy You!!!!!!!!!

But i thougt you should get anothergame than Dune?
It was i think shogun!!
Thats a real cool game too!!!
See you monday for 2 hours!
Have a nice study!

Walking in the light is always better than in the dark.....
Old 10-28-2001, 01:32 PM   #15
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Har'oloth:
Happy You!!!!!!!!!

But i thougt you should get anothergame than Dune?
It was i think shogun!!
Thats a real cool game too!!!
See you monday for 2 hours!
Have a nice study!

Walking in the light is always better than in the dark.....
If i could find it, id buy it! But since i cant, this is a fine alternative.
See ya on monday

Old 10-29-2001, 05:17 AM   #16
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Another question: Im playing as Atreidis and have had peace offerings from the Tleilaxu and Ix. The Tleilaxu sound like the better offer but i dont really trust them and im afraid it will close other doors for me. Some advice please.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:26 AM   #17
Link
Jack Burton

Dunno the details about Emperor, it sounds like a really cool game, so I might get it IF we get a better comp at home, that's for sure
Anyway, I remember from Dune 2 (which I played very much) that the first couple of missions were easy with the Harkonnen, but the Atreides were always supreme in the end (with their Sonic Wave tanks, they could easily beat the slow (but deadly) Devestators).
Never liked the Ordos though, their Deviator wasn't much of a cool machine. Maybe the new sub-houses will help (Tleilaxu sounds cool (brainsucking thingies ) Anyway, I would chose House Atreides (I think everyone would after seeing the movie Dune (which I still think is fabulous, depspite all the critics). And maybe chose Ix as an ally. Isn't Ix the one with the warping tank? That thing rocks!

------------------

Guns don't kill people, people kill other people.
So, therefore:
Nobody moves! Give me your wallet! I'm holding a person right here!

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-29-2001, 07:59 AM   #18
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

SHOGUN IS THE BEST!!! another great game... no doubt about it

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-29-2001, 08:36 AM   #19
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Eh, no thats the guild. But i have to chose between Ix and the Tleilaxu. Its a tough choice since Ix and Atreides have been allies for a long time, while they have been mortal enemys of the Tleilaxu. However the technolegy the Tleilaxu offer is far better then the Ixian junk! So..who the choose?
Old 10-29-2001, 08:51 AM   #20
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Eh, no thats the guild. But i have to chose between Ix and the Tleilaxu. Its a tough choice since Ix and Atreides have been allies for a long time, while they have been mortal enemys of the Tleilaxu. However the technolegy the Tleilaxu offer is far better then the Ixian junk! So..who the choose?
To whom is this reply Dreamer? I don't know everything about the whole scene, but I would chose Ix. I mean; just for the standards, Ix would be the better choise. One must bear in mind that Atreides is indeed a "pacifistic" race from the planet Caladan, and, well, Tleilaxu, they're not that pacifistic. I would say that Harkonnen and Tleilaxu would go well together.
Anyway; this is what PCGameplay said:

"Ix has a Kamikaze Infiltrator which can spot Scouts. They also got a tank, that can create holographic illusions, which makes it seem as if you got more troops than you essentially got. The Tleilaxu have got Contaminators and Leeches. Contaminators are zombies who can turn infantry soldiers into Contaminators, and Leeches can infect vehicles, from which another Leech crawls out"

You probably know this already, but anyway: the troop power of the Ix doesn't seem that big, but Tleilaxu does. With Tleilaxu you can get new troops (with the help of the Contaminators and the Leeches) for free. That can come in very handy, so in this case the Tleilaxu would prove superior.
One questions though: Why chose between only the Ix and the Tleilaxu? Why not The Guild, Elite Sardaukar, or the Fremen? Is it not possible? I mean: The Guild (with its Guild Maker, and the Guild Niab Tank) seems pretty good to me.

------------------

Guns don't kill people, people kill other people.
So, therefore:
Nobody moves! Give me your wallet! I'm holding a person right here!

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe