Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-07-2001, 02:26 PM   #1
ils1422
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok, i'm new and this might be stupid but... I've gotten the wand parts, put them together, killed the Unseene eye, got the amulet of 5% magic rest. I also killed the Beholder ( think, it looks like an eye monstor thing). I have cleaned out every nipple thing that I could find and have gone up the stairs to get out. Well there is a pink door there and I, of course, don;t have whatever is needed to open it and get out so that I can take the oncve used wand back to the guy that wanted it where the diseased ones are. I have the key that Gall gave me but I guess that's not the one that I need. I went back the same way that i came into the pit but "it's too steep" and I can't get out that way. I don;t want to know a cheat unless that is the only way I can get out now. Please tell me if there is something "hidden" that I may have not found in this pit area.

Thx,
Old 09-07-2001, 02:37 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Go back to that 'pink' door, attempt to lock-pick it, it will fail, wait for about 5 seconds, the door will automatically open.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-07-2001, 02:46 PM   #3
ils1422
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i did the suggested but the door did not open or disappear ???
Old 09-07-2001, 03:12 PM   #4
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

well, go back down the stairs en get back up again, just walk to the front of the door (until you almost like bump into it). It should open itself (can take some time sometimes. If that doesn't work, activate the cheat in the baldur.ini, once you done that, use "ctrl j" (without the brackets just hold control and j key) on the desired location.

------------------
I pledged my vows to Torm - Mirac Honorguard (Undead Hunter)
Old 09-07-2001, 04:23 PM   #5
ils1422
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok, let's make sure that I have my self in the right place to get out. On the area map, I'm at the hallway/steps between "To the Lower Reaches" & "Lair of the Cult Outcasts" If I'm in the right place and this is still not working then i give up...what's the cheat that I should type in baldur.ini?
Old 09-07-2001, 04:54 PM   #6
ils1422
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks to both of you for your information. I tried by starting agin at the last save that I did right before getting the 2nd piece and then killed the eye, went and opened the door and THEN went back down and killed the beholder. I don't know why that made a difference, but it did.
Old 09-07-2001, 05:23 PM   #7
Tyrion
Quintesson

The game works strangely sometimes!

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead as it was. - Tyrion at tha battle of the Blighted Isle.