Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2001, 03:59 AM   #1
B737
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just acquired the Portal and teleport spells. How do I cast them?!!
B737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 04:14 AM   #2
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi B737, you cast it like you were going to give a potion. After casting, put the cursor on one of the party, hold down control and cast with mouse button. If its any consilation, I had to asked for help with this too. Was trying to cast it everywhere, who would have thought to create a portal you would point to a character. . . .

Mammawlin

------------------
mammaw's know all, see all, tell nothing
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 11:37 PM   #3
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Also keep in mind that the spell sometimes doesn't work, and that you can have only one Portal at a time (I had some problems in Collasium), use it to cover big distances. Also try to get Call Of Home (If my memory works it belongs to the next level spells). I used it a looooooot!

Mortal (Aris)
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 11:50 PM   #4
slug
Manshoon

you can have one portal per map area. one in valeia, one in the shire area, one in the sea area. it doesn't work in the dungeons. pick the spot you want fast access to, cast portal. go away from it, like casting call of home. then cast teleport, whap you're there. it always works on land out of a dungeon. it didn't work for me on the ship either.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 12:19 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Um...Slug, I don't know where you've been casting it, but it DOES work in the dungeons. I've used it extensively in the dungeons. There are a few where it won't work: the most notable exceptions are the Boogre Caves and the Pyramid (one by bug, the other by design). All other dungeons allow you to cast the portal in them.

For an example: one of the easiest ways I had of getting through Skull Castle was to set a portal in the front hallway (before entering the center gate that locks behind you). After talking to the Lich, I was able to teleport to it and continue through the castle, rather than having to swim down the passages before I was ready to find Adrianna and Gosh'in.

It also helps VERY well in the Stout mines, where there are SO many different levels.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 12:27 AM   #6
slug
Manshoon

wow, my bad. i think the first time i tried it was the boogre prison. finding it not to work i figured it didn't work in dungeons and operated under that assumption from then on. thanks for yanking me back into reality saz.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 01:33 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hehehe, no prob, Slug! Sorry that you've been missing out on it. I can understand that it was a logical assumption. I wouldn't have known about it had someone claimed that it could be done here on the forum.

Most notably where I've used Teleport is in the Crypt, when I'm fighting Rumphy to get a newly-changed character up in levels quickly.

I think that "teleport" malfunctions in any dungeon that uses Teleport as a feature. Both the Boogre caves and the Pyramid do this. Most people don't know about the Pyramid teleport, because I think most don't take the coward's way out and attempt to "flee" from the attacking Cet . . . as if!

Have fun!
-Sazerac
Old 03-28-2001, 10:21 PM   #8
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

oh ok guess I'm not the only one with that spell problem.

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 10:39 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just an update...it's not just you, Slug. Apparently teleport may "fail" in other dungeons, too...it's sporadic. Best results, I've found, are to cast it on someone else other than yourself. (like one of the other characters.)

-Sazerac
Old 03-28-2001, 10:56 PM   #10
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

heh.. I could picture it now!

TAOQ: AZE, I'm going to create portal on you...
AZE: say what? you're kidding right?
TAOQ: *eyes narrows* beg pardon?
AZE: *mutters to self* of course you never kid.... *then to TAOQ* why?
TAOQ: I tried it on myself but it failed everytime and I'm wasting my mana.
Morik: *looks around* Mama?
TAOQ: no you dolt! MANA! your ears are filled with Ratling's ashes again!
AZE: why me?
TAOQ: we took a vote...
Erin: *interrupts* you were voted out of the group.
AZE: what? *stunned*
TAOQ: we are wasting time.....*gestures and AZE disappears*
Erin: TAOQ, do you have any idea where you are sending him?
TAOQ: ah...*ponders*.....oops
*the group hears AZE's screams in the distance*

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote