Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2001, 08:49 PM   #11
gaunty
The Magister

this is kermit the shinwiki from isha pod news: I'm asking why when you only have a one
man crew, that if you fall down the ladder that you have a corruss going down.

much latter in the game lets make the crab hunt/fight more easier. find it then fall down to the bottom while fighting swim up and
back, helppp.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 10:23 PM   #12
Lily the Ranger

The Chosen Ones appear at the trapdoor leading down to Toad Village . . .

Triumphantly, "Ekbu" they say
Rudely they are told to go away.
"I am Ekbu" they say to all that they meet
Yet the only reply is "warmskins beat feet".
Running about underground til their faces are red
Trying not to harm a wart on any toad's head.
After 30 minutes or so they are back at the start
Frustrated that the toads will not play their part
"I am Ekbu" they desperately scream at the guard
Voices rising like that of a psychotic bard.
Suddenly it dawns on our inattentive party,
That the statement to say is not Ekbu or Marty,
In a tone that is sheepishly quiet they say,
"ER, UM, actually I just remembered I am Ukabu today"
Old 01-06-2001, 01:28 AM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I guess the most hilarious thing I ever did was mistakenly heal the Naga instead of my own party when I had almost but killed her. Yep, and it was a "Restore Health" spell. I guess my poor Paladin was feeling sorry for her, hehehe. Oh well, we needed the practice, right guys? (Oh shut up and start whacking, you goody-two-shoes!!)

Sazerac.
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 02:36 AM   #14
Moni

You all are great...I am all alone & laughing out loud...cats probably think I am a lunatic! Please don't stop!
Adam, I should probably mention that my lesson learned was never to think I am tough ehough to go just anywhere...at a higher level, the toads don't stick & you can push them out of your way. (I still had not discovered the whole crypt at that point & thought it was time to move on, lol). Think I should actually read manuals and online help files before I jump into games? NAH!

All Hail Adam For Knowing How To Go Down A Ladder!!!

Fall & Splat Method, LOL, Wyv, get that phrase patented, you'll make a fortune with all of us who will never know any other way to climb down a ladder!

Great poetry Connla & Lily! ENCORE! ENCORE!

Gaunty...I heard a rumor in a Tavern (in some other country/realm/game) that the chorus of screams are those of Kerah & Anephas & D'Soto, along with an oracle or two, thinking the fall may kill you it leaving them left with no one to save their world!

Sazerac, lol the NAGA?! OW! (I healed Scabban once with a great heal, lol.)
: )
Old 01-06-2001, 05:58 PM   #15
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Back to the top so SLIP will grab these gems!!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 08:25 PM   #16
Thorny

Ok.Ok. My characters are slow learners and I can live with banging my head on every stairwell, falling down every ladder, blowing my head off opening chests, not recognizing a rusty sword even though the battle dialog mentioned I was getting beat with rusty swords a hundred times, drowning my entire party again because a fish blocked my path halfway through a submerged passage, getting the boogre curse, drinking poisoned water - how refreshing, identifying the one millionth willow arrow - oh is that what it was?, rearranging my backpack again because I am terrible about fitting things in there, doing the automated pick up item dance - I'm on my way, right away, any day now. I could live with all that, but now you tell me I have to run naked through the wilderness for two days!!!!!

And just what day is it anyway?
Old 01-06-2001, 09:05 PM   #17
Dwarf

Here are a few amusing annecdotes concerning my main party:

Gertha Drin the gnome edged her way towards the chest,sense screeming "danger",carefully she adjusted her gaze,concentrating until nothing else existed in the world but the chest and her.The great lock loomed ominously, bristling with strange magical markings.These looked as if they could be scratched off in a certain order to ensure total safety.Her mind racing, Gertha reached out to touch the dire device. "Me first!" yelled the Barbarian Carenis and the whole party was engulfed in flame......

"Sick of these mines," mumbled Shevine Callishan,"got to get out of here soon.I feel the forest call me,the sky, I miss the sky,oh to see the grass again, to see the clouds.There are too many walls here, walls all around me,closing in."The elf huddled closer to her companions, her keen eyes following every shadow, her mind forming the patterns to send an enchanted meteor hurtling at the slightest oportunity.
Gertha kicked a stone,it skidded across the passageway and struck a wall, ricocheting off into the darkness.The sound of it's journey echoed throughout the caverns distorting the space in the dark.Carenis snarled as Father Telar and Sister Lisa tended to his wounds,the blood upon some of them still wet.How much more of this must he endure,he shot a desparate glance at Lisa who obviously took in his meaning and called the dwarf over.
"Durin, how much longer before we move on?" Her words echoed around the walls,until they became unintelligable,sounding like a horde of advancing enemies.Durin rolled his eyes towards his companions and,turning from the last body,looked at his companions."I mean," offered Lisa,"you're a Stout like those poor mad ones that we have despatched to Kerah, surely you've been here before and know you're way around.I mean look, Shevine's going catatonic on us,Carenis's temper is getting shorter than usual,Gertha keeps on muttering about some treacherous Raskalion, and it's all that Telar and I can do to keep life and limb together.As for me I'm begining to wish I had become a proper priest like Telar rather than taking up the path of the shieldmaid.What kept you anyway?"
Durin shuffled his feet and looked at the bodies in the dust before him."They sleep with the stone now.None shall disturb them.It is best that way."
"Why did you take so long finding us!" Bellowed Carenis,beard bristling with anger."And why, old greybeard do you so keep on disagreeing with my directions?"
"Well,"spoke the old grey beard," it's been a while since I was last down here....."
"How long?" Asked Carenis,his chest heaving with a savage anger that only his mighty heart could bear.
"Sort of like a err,"Durin's voice faltered,"err a long time."
Telar's head rose from a vicious looking cut on the wild mans shoulder"How old where you?"
"Well I was about eight or nine then and I'm seventy three now so it's been-"
"And why did we have to wait so long for you to get out of town?"snapped the gnome,eyes gleaming with gold lust.
"Yeah,sorry about that," grumbled the dwarf,"but I got stuck in traffic."
"Stuck in traffic!"Growled Carenis,"Where?"
"Oh,"said Durin,"the que for the bar."
Old 01-06-2001, 11:04 PM   #18
Dwarf

This isn't related to WW at all but it actually happened a few weeks ago and remembering it still makes me laugh.
A Brazilian housewife, desparate to get rid of a cockroach, stamped on it.This didn't work so she threw it into the toilet and sprayed it liberally with insect spray.Later her husband went to the toilet(solid, not liquid) and after finishing the necessary business, dropped the end of his cigarette into the bowl that he was still sitting on.The cigarette set fire to the insect spray,not to mention his arse, and when they ambulance arrived the medics where laughing so much that they dropped the stretcher with the man on it down the stairs.Some of them where still laughing the next day when he took them to court with multiple bruises, sprains, a few broken bones and embarrassing burn marks.
Old 01-06-2001, 11:24 PM   #19
Moni

Paladin: "Hey there it is! The trolley car we need to get to the Abandoned Mines! Everybody hop in, I'll get the lever!"

Pull: 'CLICK' WHUMP!

The party falls on their butts on the tracks as the car speeds off without them!

1st Samurai: "OK, the light changed, see if you can bring it back now"

Pull: 'CLICK' (wait)

Paladin: "Yeah, the light changed again! It must be coming back!"

2nd Samurai: "Oh cool! It spins when it stops! This ought to be fun!"

1st Samurai "OK Let's try again, everyone hop in."

Priest: "Dammit! Oh Blessed Kerah, forgive me!"

1st Samurai: ::sigh:: "Let's try again."

Ninja: "Heh heh...Lets stay here on the tracks and jump into it when it gets here"

(JUMP~Land "in?" the cart)

Ninja: "OW! I just got stuck with a level 1 lockpick! I knew I should have sold these things!"

Paladin: OK, Let's try again & you, Wizard! Make sure your robe is not getting caught on anything back there!"

Wizard: ::mumble grumble:: "I have a flamestrike that ought to take care of this thing if you people want to step back."

Priest: "Now now, let's watch out tempers, friends, we don't want to offend the spirits that watch over us!"

Ninja: "Shut up & get in Mr. Holier Than Thou!"

1st Samurai: "Let me try the lever this time! Move!"

2nd Samurai: "Well we obviously aren't heavy enough for this thing!"

1st Samurai: "Well wasn't it you that was whining that we have too much stuff, let's go back to town & sell it?"

2nd Samurai: "How was I supposed to know?"

Paladin: "So how do we get heavier? We can't eat!"

Priest: "We don't dare kill off the miners just to see what they have! It can't be much! They are poor miners for Kerah's sake!"

Paladin: "OK, get in! Get in! We can do this! We are heroes!"

Ninja: "OW! Darned lockpicks! Why didn't you remind me to sell these too!"

2nd Samurai: "Sorry!"

1st Samurai: "I'm getting tired of this!"

Paladin: "Well, me too but we can't rest either!"

Priest: "What shall we do?"

Ninja: "Try again, DUH!"

1st Samurai: "I am REALLY getting tired of this!"

Priest: "I think I broke a potion, my robe is wet! It will get all muddy!"

Wizard: "I'll take care of it for you. Step into that cart & let me throw a Flamestrike or two! My spell finger is getting itchy and you are getting on my last nerve!"

Paladin: "You guys REALLY want to try again or should we head into the virtual realm and see if we can get some help?"

2nd Samurai: ::looking at the cart:: ::sigh:: "It DID look like it was going to be fun didn't it? Let's go."

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 04-04-2001).]
Old 01-06-2001, 11:28 PM   #20
Moni

COOL! Three months later the new board let me get rid of those smileys I accidentally got in there!

WOOHOO!

heh heh heh

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 04-04-2001).]