Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-06-2001, 11:38 AM   #11
Sorcerer Alex

I'm bumping this again because I'm really desperate for any more help people can offer me. I keep trying different tactics and nothing works, so if ANYONE can help me on this, please post!

Old 09-07-2001, 01:36 AM   #12
Alaric
Manshoon

I had one of my Clerics cast Sanctuary and then they walked in and took the eggs without the guards even noticing.
Old 09-07-2001, 03:21 AM   #13
Starkiller
The Magister

Originally, all that you had to do was keep hiding in shadows, but I had the problem that the guards kept alerting everyone too. I think it came with the patch/tob. What you have to do is as soon as you have opened the door behind them the two "egg guards" will become hostile. They are specifically designed with hardly any hit points, so kill them quickly and quietly, and then hide in shadows, or become invisible again. The staff of the Magi is great for this. Then, killing the golems is your option, you can sneak past them, but you MUST kill the two egg guards, or they will alert everyone. As for the 3 options quest, I did them all before I even entered Ust Natha, and then just tossed her the Illithid brain saying something offhanded like "I think I picked that up earlier" or something. The reaction they give you is great , Phaere and her mother are so surprised.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 09-07-2001, 11:08 AM   #14
Sorcerer Alex

Thanks Starkiller and Alaric, also for your help in my other thread too

Old 09-07-2001, 05:27 PM   #15
oldbittercraig
Elminster

I went ahaead and did both the Kua-Tuo and Beholder portions... the rewards were too good to pass up.

I'm debating coming back down to the underdark later in the game (if possible) and wiping out the mindflayers, too...
Old 09-07-2001, 06:22 PM   #16
Sorcerer Alex

Rather you than me pal

Old 09-08-2001, 12:42 AM   #17
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

The Mind Flayer Dungeon gives you one good item and some other decent stuff.