Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2004, 05:59 AM   #11
Ironbar
Manshoon

Dreamer- What is the link?
Vaskez- Do you understand the link?
You seem to be taking this very personally, why?
Old 06-06-2004, 09:42 AM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

yeah I do, no time to explain now though, maybe later if you're still interested.

I'm not taking it personally, just like to have little "debates" and "arguments" as long as they don't turn nasty since it helps excercise your brain and can be fun [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 06-06-2004, 02:21 PM   #13
Ironbar
Manshoon

Why the hesitation? Shame it isn’t personal though…
Old 06-06-2004, 06:33 PM   #14
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

No hesitation, I was just heading out when I posted. What do you mean shame it isn't personal? You want me to take it personally? Why? You like arguing?

Did you actually want it explained or were you just taking the piss?

Haha I can see you're the one taking this personally, I got on your bad side already. Shame, I was only messing around to start with. Oh well, you'll either hate me or get used to my style of humour if you keep on posting here
Old 06-06-2004, 06:57 PM   #15
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

we have begged for years to have drugs (the lesser ones) legalized but that still will not change the fact that those under 18 will still use it, because it is an adult thing
Old 06-07-2004, 01:08 PM   #16
Ironbar
Manshoon

Some of us don't have a bad side! I would like an explanation and you probably have one by now!

Why the threatening language? Are you implying that if I don’t appreciate your sense of humour I shouldn’t be posting? That would be a shame.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:51 AM   #17
Dedzy
The Magister

Another interesting topic. With respect to your gay marriage 'tolerance' topic, I don't think it has anything to with 'tolerating' this behavior for any particular specific benefit. It's not as though a person would suddenly decide to be gay if it became legal to marry a person of the same sex. The only advantage to allowing it is the whole 'equal protection' concept of applying rights to everyone equally.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:29 AM   #18
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Ironbar:
Some of us don't have a bad side! I would like an explanation and you probably have one by now!

Why the threatening language? Are you implying that if I don?t appreciate your sense of humour I shouldn?t be posting? That would be a shame.
No, I said that if you keep posting (in which case you'll see more of my posts) you'll either hate me or get used to my style of humour. I didn't say you shouldn't be posting.

Now if I can still remember you wanted an explanation of the link between gay marriages being allowed and most students still living at home? I think the link is that gay marriage is a very progressive and unconservative thing whereas family is the cornerstone of "conservative" society. Some might argue that allowing gay marriages is too much tolerance and that it puts ideas into people's heads and thus tolerance doesn't pay. However, despite Holland being the first country to allow gay marriages, it still has a very conservative population in the sense that most students live at home with their parents and aren't even married let alone in a gay marriage.

That's the link I got from what dreamer posted, maybe I'm wrong.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:09 AM   #19
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

dont think family structure has much to do with the drugs issue.

they ought to try and experiment for a decade or so: make all drugs legal, sell it from reputable federal vendors as cheaply as possible (or free...)

athe main reason why people tend to want to outlaw drugs is because the people on them arent productive and tend to steal to get the money to pay for the drugs.

So, perhaps if the drugs are free or very cheap the crime will go down.