Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-19-2001, 12:07 PM   #1
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I finished WK and went to the town by the Oasis (can't remember name). Went to the Inn and tried to sell my goods to the InnKeeper. He accepted most of my stuff but when I tried to sell him a +2 Halberd I had, a window popped up and said something like "I do not accept hocked goods. Try something different"

What? I didn't steal it, I found it...is this halberd something I should keep, or is it just a bug in the game? I really could care less about the gold I would get for selling it, but I don't want to drop it on the ground only to find out later it was some buff weapon or a quest item???

I am confused, anyone else come across this?

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 01:08 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Wow...never seen that one before.
I am eager to find out what it is about.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 01:36 PM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I had the same exact thing happen to me...

I picked it up after chunking one of the foes in Level 2. I then tried to sell it to the Knight of Helm on the top of the Keep. She told me that same thing as you...that she wouldn't buy stolen goods. Don't know what she's talking about. I just dumped the damn thing.

I seriously doubt that it's has anything to do with a quest, as Watcher's Keep is designed to be stand alone from ToB.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 03:54 PM   #4
Sothorious
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Same thing happened to me... You just have to sell that halbred to another less "Reputable" dealer like the guy in the thieves guild... I can't blame though, I did kill some guy for his halbred...
Sothorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 07:33 PM   #5
Northraven
Manshoon

This happened to me while I was still in SoA...I tried to sell a weapon I had looted from Watcher's Keep and was told that the merchant would not buy stolen goods...is this a bug or a legit element of the game?

------------------
"I am death come for thee. Surrender and thy passage shall be...swifter"

"Kneel before the cow god!"
Northraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 01:54 AM   #6
mastarice
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yep samething here, I was in SoA and the dude at the copper coronet wouldnt buy that damn halbred! He bought everything else I found there though...?
mastarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 06:19 PM   #7
Tananda
Elminster

Same story here.
I found this halber in SoA and tried to sell it to each merchant encountered. Nobody bought it! I was so curious to find out what is it all about, that, after finishing SoA, began to sell it in ToB With no success though
If anybody know about some quest connected to this thing, share with us, please!
Now I believe that it is just game feature - may be former owner of the halberd was not legitime one and the thing was known as stolen...

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 07:21 AM   #8
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

My guess is that it is just some dialogue to contribute to the setting. The "Smugglers" have been taking items from the mercenaries and the storekeep didn't want to get involved. Remember when an "old friend" shows up and discusses your possessions with the guards. Hope I didn't spoil too much. I think it's just to give that smuggler feeling to the scene.
Zateel is offline   Reply With Quote