Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-25-2001, 01:04 PM   #1
Glorik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Was just wondering what some of the old schoolers favorite modules were. Personally, my favorite was "The Secret of Bone Hill" and "Beyond the Magic Mirror". Any of you know what I am talking about?
Glorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 03:27 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

For sheer deadliness I like Tomb of Horrors, the Giants series was cool, also a good one was a three part on for low levels, cant remember the name. You fought smugglers,Lizardmen, then Sauguin in the last module
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 10:23 AM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ahhhh...yessss...at long last...some "old-timer" gamers

"The Secret of Bone Hill" was one of my favorites for low-level parties starting out, as I recall.

My favorites were "The Temple of Elemental Evil", "The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth " (sp.?), and the series that LoA mentioned that started with the Giants and ended up with Drow. I think that Drow module (the last one) was called something like "Queen of the Demonweb Pits" or something like that. I found Menzoberranzan to be *very* cool. I played DM for that particular module (I was the only adept at running high-level parties through adventures) and saw many a party mopped up by the Drow. I had one party that thought they were powerful enough to exercise a frontal assault upon one of the Greater Houses. Hah!

LoA...what was the name of the module that you mentioned with the Sanghuin? I can see the damn module in my mind, but can't remember the title. That was a cool adventure. You got some real interesting spell effects underwater. Especially electrical attacks...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 10:58 AM   #4
hazard
Dungeon Master

In no particular order ( except the origional Ravenloft is my #1 favorite )

1) The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
2) Ravenloft ( the origional )
3) Against the Giants series ( Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, The Vault of the Drow )
4) Queen of the Demonweb Pits
5) The Temple of Elemental Evil
6) The origional Dragonlance series of modules
hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 05:20 AM   #5
Mr Elephant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You guys have just brought back a whole host of memories - Thankyou! Although unlike you, I can't remember the names of any of the modules.

My two faves were
1) The tomb that was just full of traps and nothing else (very old module)
2) The one that ended with a demilich skull (was that Tsojcanth?)

Memories......

Mr Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 12:46 PM   #6
Sothorious
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Against the Giants was great... I ran this Greyhawk Module several times about a gargoyle losing it's wing, though I can't remember the name.. Much fun... The temple of elemental Evil was also a blast... The Dragonlance modules were okay, but your characters were either too weak, or became so powerfull that the modules were too easy... And don't get me started on Dungeon magazine... Too many memories there...
Sothorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 12:58 PM   #7
Trelane

I liked Castle Amber. That was great for gold and experience, especially at low levels. Temple of Elemental Evil...great adventure. I'd have to look through my bookshelves to remember them all. All the Gygax ones were great. Keep on the borderlands, but I think that was D&D and not AD&D.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:41 PM   #8
Guidar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Secret of the Slavers Stockade and Castle Amber were my favorite modules.

Bone Hill was good too.

Guidar
Guidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2001, 01:13 PM   #9
Sneeki Two
Dungeon Master

Temple of Elemental Evil has to be one of my all time favs. Keep on the Borderlands was my fist. I like it that all of them were set in Greyhawk. Later, Forgotten Realms took over and the module formats started to change.

Others were.
Ravenloft(original) Ran this numerous times.
Ghost Tower of Inverness
Hidden Shine of Tamoachan
Land Beyond the Magic Mirror
Isle of the Ape
Tomb of Horrors
Queen of the Demonweb Pits
Curse of the Slavelords
Against the Giants
Castle Greyhawk Old and New (New one was a huge module)
Vault of the Drow (was that one?)
Modenkainen's (Something) Adventure
Lost Temple of Tharizdun (Never could find this one. If any of you ever read Gygax's Gord the Rogue series of novels, this guy was supposed to be the ultimate god of evil in the Greyhawk world. He lived up to his name.)
Sneeki Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 05:19 AM   #10
Tuor
Elminster

I loved Egg of the Phoenix even though we were at least seven levels below what we needed to be when we started and got our arses kicked big style by the vamps early on.

If memory serves we had a dwarven cleric, a 7ft tall human paladin (me) with a ring of spell reflection (very helpful against the 10th level drow mage boy was he surprised when his spells started coming back at him), a human fighter, an elven fighter and a half elven thief.

Because we didn't have a mage or DM played a mad elven magic user who had a penchant for casting her wand of wonder in enclosed places-its remarkable ho often the resulting fireball completely wrecked the party.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote