Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-03-2001, 10:10 AM   #1
rat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi

I need help killing the Jungle Lilies in the Boogre prison..

there's heaps of them blocking a corridor and I have no other way around them.

they're as tough as Mantraps and they chase you everywhere tossing those OH SO DEADLY gas clouds

Any tips would be much appreciated
thanks
Rat

------------------
rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 10:14 AM   #2
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

try hit and run

cast your spells like fire storm or ice storm
then run heal yousulf

repeat intill thay are dead

------------------
hunger need brain food
...................Hum you got brain for me??

Hi Ho Hi Ho
It's of to play we go

Eiz

[This message has been edited by Mr-Eiz (edited 06-03-2001).]
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 10:22 AM   #3
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hit and run works best against these guys. Try some of the higher level spells on 'em. And keep your distance. But like he said, distance is the key. Good Luck!
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:55 AM   #4
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

If you happen to have the Merlin's shield spell, that helps in keeping your people from being poisoned. They may still get hit with some damage, but if you are still a boogre, you have hit points to spare. The only trouble is casting the spell reliably. Many of the spells I have cast as a boogre just fail. Actually, I am glad that the spell only fails. I keep expecting a boogre to cast the wrong spell. You know, like cast Lightning on a creature and it actually casts Armored Realm. Or cast Spirit Eye and it casts Charm.

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:59 AM   #5
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I just thought of something else I have used. If there is another creature, the Jungle Lilies will attack them first. So if you have a summon creature spell, you can cast that at them and watch the clouds follow the creatures. They will die quickly, but that will give you time to cast a couple of spells.

If you don't have summon creature spell, you can always use a boogre as bait. I know someone that coaxed a boogre murderer nearby and let the Jungle Lilies attack him. I favor pushing Malgrim or Vargul nearby. That way you can get rid of two annoying creatures at the same time.

Good Luck,
Knarfling

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 12:29 PM   #6
tabbikaat
Dungeon Master

Rat -

Here is a technique that works pretty well for any level party:

Are the Lillies (hopefully you only have three of 'em) still in the room where you have to insert the eye to open the door? If so, they have to file out the door one at a time......stand next to the "eye slot", insert eye, wait until one slithers out and is under the doorway, remove eye from slot, the door will close, trapping the plant in the door....while the "terrible triffid" is receiving "crush damage" MUWHAhahaha...you can back up down the hallway and fire off any long distance spells you have....repeat until all Lillies are gooey smears on the dungeon floor! This technique works AND is great fun for the whole family!

If the Lillies are NOT in that room and IN THE CORRIDOR - do you have an earlier save position? It will be very tough to fight them one on one or from a distance when they are right behind you everywhere you go! If you have battle-hardened front line warrior types with at least 1+ weapons, you can beef them up with Bloodlust, Nimble, Heroic Strength, and ANY armor/shield spells and hack away as fast as you can. Have your priest type use a great heal potion or healing spell every round-never mind about curing poison or nausea spells right now....have your warlock use heal potions if necessary too.

Best of luck to ya!
keep us posted!
tabbi
tabbikaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 03:06 PM   #7
MockHuman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just did this one about week ago... If you are talking about the ones in the stick and stones room ( not far from where you dusted the witch) , try this... Bless ,Invisibility, and most important... Haste, A couple of layers if possible. Have your burning hazes ready on all who have them. have the priest ready for heal. shoot em a couple of times and run down the corridor before they shoot you. go around a corner. peek around the corner when you just see an edge of one (enough to target) repeat and run. Repeat till they die.

As for the ones in the idol room... (where you need the Evil Eye to open it.) Haste your people. open the idol room door. When the lillies start to leave, remove the eye. The door will close on the lillies and crush them. you back off a little and spell em to death at range... Hope that helps.. I,m done with Stout mines, looking for whatever is next.
MockHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 03:58 AM   #8
rat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

many thanks guys. The 'eye' trick made things easier and waddya know I do have a Summon creature spell I havent been using (doh!).

So im outof the boogre prison and back in town

rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 04:17 AM   #9
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

heh heh heh have lots of fun rat!
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote